Atomic Access Feeback Thread

Despite the advertising hype on MyBB, I haven't seen any feedback about this ISP. Their rep seems to have made a total of one post as of this moment.

Is anyone here using this ISP? They're a tad cheaper than Cool Ideas, but don't positively advertise the service as uncapped / unshaped. They also have this blog post about capping and shaping but then don't actually specify what their network actually does.

This is the place to share experiences!

nicksoper

Hey @newby_investor, as we are in Cape Town + Frogfoot/Octotel only (at this stage) + we only launched publicly in August, when you posted, it stands to reason nobody answered :p

Last edited:
Hey Newby_Investor, as we are in Cape Town + Frogfoot/Octotel only (at this stage) + we only launched publicly in August when you posted, it stands to reason nobody answered :p
I've actually been in touch, I think Michael responded to my questions.

Going to sign up in the coming months and post some feedback.

But welcome to MyBroadBand!

cavedog

Honorary Master
@nicksoper

The main reason I posted in the Cool Ideas thread about Octotels GPON network was a lot of people complaining about Octotels network saying it's congested ect ect. Obviously I don't know the split ration they use so can't comment if the OLT is getting congested or not but you reckon it's not so I'm neutral on that mainly because I don't live in CPT or use Octotel.

I'm using Openserve on Supersonic. I just found atomic fibre ISP interesting and was amazed how you guys can offer 1Gbps at such affordable prices. You probably never going to go on openserve right? IPC is too expensive.

nicksoper

The main reason I posted in the Cool Ideas thread about Octotels GPON network was a lot of people complaining about Octotels network saying it's congested ect ect.
I "guess" the issue is less about GPON and OLT's and more about backhaul. Problems crop up, stuff needs to get upgraded.

I'm using Openserve on Supersonic. I just found atomic fibre ISP interesting and was amazed how you guys can offer 1Gbps at such affordable prices. You probably never going to go on openserve right? IPC is too expensive.
We did a trial on Openserve, decided we wanted to wait a bit for IPC to be more reasonable and also get a bit bigger as an ISP so we could have better relationships to offer a level of service we want to.

nicksoper

Also forgot to mention during our trial we worked out our Openserve prices would probably be about 40% more than our Octotel or Frogfoot services (and we wouldn't be making any more money on those plans...)

So, I signed up last week, Octotel came today to install my line (wife was home) and in the evening when I got home and plugged in my router, I was already live.

Signed up for the entry-level 10/5 package. Some speedtest results:

So far, I'm pretty impressed. Anyone want a referral, just PM me ;)

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Anyone on Atomic Access with a 100Mbps line willing to do some speedtests to e.g. London and Vienna (UPC preferred) please?