Audi A4

Mvu

Is it just me or does the Audi A4's (and possibly other models) steering wheel get stiff when traveling at high speeds (120<)?

Drifter

Honorary Master
It's supposed to do that at higher speeds so the driver had better feedback. Power assistance is more noticeable at lower speeds when it is more difficult to turn the steering.

Mvu

It's supposed to do that at higher speeds so the driver had better feedback. Power assistance is more noticeable at lower speeds when it is more difficult to turn the steering.

Makes sense... But it is very difficult to turn when its that stiff.

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
Is it just me or does the Audi A4's (and possibly other models) steering wheel get stiff when traveling at high speeds (120<)?

Many cars do that these days. Light as a feather when parking, and becomes heavier when traveling at high speeds.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Many cars do that these days. Light as a feather when parking, and becomes heavier when traveling at high speeds.

It's been like this for years and years now, really not something new.

igi

so the faster you go,
the harder it becomes?
o-ok
:)

Colin62

Executive Member
And it is very hard believe me! Its so hard to switch lanes bruh!

If it's that hard, it might be worth having the wheel alignment checked. You might have too much castor, although if you do, it's probably not adjustable anyway. Go to the local Audi dealership and ask them to drive it with you and see if it's any different from other A4s or whether it's just something you need to get used to. Maybe join a gym? :)

Mvu

If it's that hard, it might be worth having the wheel alignment checked. You might have too much castor, although if you do, it's probably not adjustable anyway. Go to the local Audi dealership and ask them to drive it with you and see if it's any different from other A4s or whether it's just something you need to get used to. Maybe join a gym? :)

Hahahaha am joining the gym today.... I am having the car serviced today so I will see if its still the same after the service.

Vegeta

Executive Member
And it is very hard believe me! Its so hard to switch lanes bruh!
No! There's something wrong, the steering should be heavier at speed but not heavier than a non power assisted tazz or corsa lite at speed. If it's heavier than that something is wrong dude

Vegeta

Executive Member
Also Audi's don't have particularly heavy steering at any speed. Drive a Focus ST or MX-5, the Audi's steering is way less intense it's alot more how can I say "civil"