Axxess 20Mbps, 40Mbps uncapped VDSL pricing

Death

Why does everyone believe that Uncapped means eat as much as you like? Uncapped means they simply do not cut you off. Everyone is quick to sign up and check that fantastic box that says "I agree to the T's and C's" without even a glance at the area of the T's and C's regarding uncapped and then when they violate the AUP/FUP or whatever the ISP calls it, It's suddenly time to Bitch and Moan that you are being raped and pillaged of your hard earned cash.

It's like buying a car which rates you can get 10Km to the Litre. You fill up the tank and then proceed to drive with your foot flat on the gas most the way and then complain to the manufacturer that you only got 4Km's to the Litre...

whatwhat

Executive Member
Why does everyone believe that Uncapped means eat as much as you like? Uncapped means they simply do not cut you off. Everyone is quick to sign up and check that fantastic box that says "I agree to the T's and C's" without even a glance at the area of the T's and C's regarding uncapped and then when they violate the AUP/FUP or whatever the ISP calls it, It's suddenly time to Bitch and Moan that you are being raped and pillaged of your hard earned cash.

It's like buying a car which rates you can get 10Km to the Litre. You fill up the tank and then proceed to drive with your foot flat on the gas most the way and then complain to the manufacturer that you only got 4Km's to the Litre...

You need to get out more. In the rest of the world things are not like this, it's a South African special.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
ALL OPENISP CC ADSL ACCOUNTS THAT RUN ON THE
INTERNET SOLUTIONS BACKBONE ARE THEREFORE SUBJECT TO THE INTERNET SOLUTIONS
ACCEPTABLE USAGE POLICY (AUP).http://www.is.co.za/Legal/Pages/default.aspx.

no getting away from this

Bull****. You have no idea what you're talking about. IS is a backbone provider and an ISP. Two different things. Think SAIX and Telkom.

The ISPs that use IS as their backbone provider create their own shaping profiles and AUPs. For example even Openweb themselves have different accounts with different shaping profiles and contention ratios. Is backbone does not equal IS account. You're thinking of the Plugg accounts. Those are IS.

So please educate yourself before talking out of your *******.

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
R2k for a 40mbps line + account is a pretty good deal if you ask me.