Axxess DSL - Just ordered

Supervan II

Expert Member
Morning,

The technician might not be aware. In most cases there is at least 2 x pairs of copper wires. When copper was installed they rolled it out like that to provide people with a separate fax line to their normal landline.
He had just inspected the DB in the street across the road from me just before entering my premises, so one would assume that he is aware ...

RVR

Expert Member
So the technicians never come as yet??

This was ordered the day i started this thread.

Is this normal?

cavedog

Honorary Master

Is this normal?

That is quite long. there must be an issue with the address or order if it's taking this long.

MEG101

Is this normal?
Please log a ticket on the website and inform them of your current situation so that Axxess can escalate the problem to Openserve for investigation. Your line should have been installed a long time ago. Maybe the address is not showing correctly on Openserve side, or the order with Axxess is not complete.

RVR

Expert Member
Please log a ticket on the website and inform them of your current situation so that Axxess can escalate the problem to Openserve for investigation. Your line should have been installed a long time ago. Maybe the address is not showing correctly on Openserve side, or the order with Axxess is not complete.
The order went through fine, even received a invoice. (not payable, seems like a dummy one)

Even logged a ticket.

Just waiting for the openserve guys to come.

RVR

Expert Member
UPDATE:
the guys came and its installed. What should I do next? I'm assuming I need to just connect the router And that's it ?

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
When you place the order via the website, you enter all the relevant details needed and a technician from Openserve will contact you to book the installation date. They then come tp your house to do the physical line installation if needed and make sure your line is syncing with the exvhange. He will also test the line for noise to determine if the line supports the speed ordered. You can plug in the modem into the line and enter the DSL username and password received from Axxess do the other setups needed and wait for the DSL line to become solid and the internet light blinking. The line has to be "signed off" by Openserve to Axxess before you will have internet access. This process can take anything from 24 - 48 hours up to 2 weeks for the line to be activated and "singned off". It is worth the wait as Axxess offers uncapped unshaped and unthrottled internet on Just DSL packages with No Fair Use Policy. My household has already used 180GB since 3 days ago, and the line is flying along. You are billed pro rata for the remainder of the month when your line is activated. The service is awesome to have. You will enjoy it!!
I just ordered mine yesterday but Axxess told me it can take between two and four weeks before a technician comes out.. Oh well at R 395 for a 10 meg it'll be worth the wait.. Better than paying R750 for a 10 meg through vumatel

MEG101

UPDATE:
the guys came and its installed. What should I do next? I'm assuming I need to just connect the router And that's it ?
Connect the router to the DSL line and wait until the DSL light blinks and become steady and setup your modem with the username and password received from Axxess. You will receive an sms from Axxess when the line is active and you can start enjoying your new service.

MEG101

I just ordered mine yesterday but Axxess told me it can take between two and four weeks before a technician comes out.. Oh well at R 395 for a 10 meg it'll be worth the wait.. Better than paying R750 for a 10 meg through vumatel
You will be contacted by Openserve and book installation date. Technician will come and out do the installation. You will receive a username and password which you use to setup your modem. Then wait until the DSL light blinks and becomes steady and wait for the service activation sms from Axxess. This can take a few days to 2 weeks. But it is worth the wait.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
You will be contacted by Openserve and book installation date. Technician will come and out do the installation. You will receive a username and password which you use to setup your modem. Then wait until the DSL light blinks and becomes steady and wait for the service activation sms from Axxess. This can take a few days to 2 weeks. But it is worth the wait.
Thx Axxess just emailed me now.. I can only get a 5 meg due to the exchange.. Hopefully Openserve conta ts me soon:)

8BitLife

@RVR how is it going? How is the connection. After the price increases from Vumatel I am seriously consider the DSL option from Axxess. 20meg DSL line for R595 vs 10meg for R699 on Vumatel...seems like a no brainer. Only thing holding me back is how solid is the connection?

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
@RVR how is it going? How is the connection. After the price increases from Vumatel I am seriously consider the DSL option from Axxess. 20meg DSL line for R595 vs 10meg for R699 on Vumatel...seems like a no brainer. Only thing holding me back is how solid is the connection?
Just make sure u can get a 20 meg on your exchange:)

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
OK so just phoned Axxess.. They phoned Openserve who say I cannot get the service due to my area being problematic and aging infrastructure .. Oh well.. R750 for 10/10 Fibre line here I come:(

8BitLife

OK so just phoned Axxess.. They phoned Openserve who say I cannot get the service due to my area being problematic and aging infrastructure .. Oh well.. R750 for 10/10 Fibre line here I come:(
I am with Wondernet on Vumatel network where the 10/10 is R699. That is just too much for me so I am moving to Level-7 where a 10/10 line is only R639. I started a Level-7 thread where I asked about them and most people who replied were happy with their service.

Just fair warning, they are going to tell you that you have to sign minimum 6 month contract. Just send them a screenshot of their offering on the Vumatel shop page where it clearly says they do month-to-month. They will then say fine, but you have to provide your own router which I will be doing.

At least is a helluva lot cheaper than R750.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
I am with Wondernet on Vumatel network where the 10/10 is R699. That is just too much for me so I am moving to Level-7 where a 10/10 line is only R639. I started a Level-7 thread where I asked about them and most people who replied were happy with their service.

Just fair warning, they are going to tell you that you have to sign minimum 6 month contract. Just send them a screenshot of their offering on the Vumatel shop page where it clearly says they do month-to-month. They will then say fine, but you have to provide your own router which I will be doing.

At least is a helluva lot cheaper than R750.
Do u have a link to that thread.. I don't mind staying for 6 months if they're good