Axxess - How long till it activates?

RVR

Expert Member
Hi,

I just need to know how long till my internet actually starts working. It's been like 3 days and still no internet connection.

I believe i set up the router correctly inputting the username (username@axxess) and password given but it says "no internet connection"

Second light on DSL G225 is constantly blinking, im assuming it's supposed to be solid.

I assumed it works instantly after inputting username and password. But anyway to speed It along?

MEG101

Hi

My line was installed on Tuesday and was only active the following Monday, that is 6 days. I was about to phone Axxess Monday morning, but the line activated during the Sunday night. This is a process that Openserve must complete before the line will work, as they have to sign it over to Axxess for operation. Your line should activate Monday morning - if it does not you can always phone Axxess on 087 821 1100 or email lines@internet.co.za and quote your order number and tell them that the service is still offline. We put in an additional line at work and we phoned in and was asked to switch off the modem off and on again, and after a few minutes the line was activated. The DSL light should be steady and the internet light should blink - indicating traffic flow on the line. I suggest phone them tomorrow and tell them the line is still not acivated. Good luck and hope you are online soon!!

Hanzo

@RVR , how long did it take from the time you ordered to the time openserve pitched up to install ?

MEG101

I signed up in December during the freeze period over the festive season - I was told that Openserve will call me after 15 January when they are back to work. On 16th I was called to book the installation and the techie showed up the next morning to install the line. It took almost took a week for the line to activate, but after that everything worked as it should and so far I am very happy with the service.

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
Hi,

I just need to know how long till my internet actually starts working. It's been like 3 days and still no internet connection.

I believe i set up the router correctly inputting the username (username@axxess) and password given but it says "no internet connection"

Second light on DSL G225 is constantly blinking, im assuming it's supposed to be solid.

I assumed it works instantly after inputting username and password. But anyway to speed It along?
Hi there, Please send me a direct message with a picture of how the lights are looking on the router.

RVR

Expert Member
Hi

My line was installed on Tuesday and was only active the following Monday, that is 6 days. I was about to phone Axxess Monday morning, but the line activated during the Sunday night. This is a process that Openserve must complete before the line will work, as they have to sign it over to Axxess for operation. Your line should activate Monday morning - if it does not you can always phone Axxess on 087 821 1100 or email lines@internet.co.za and quote your order number and tell them that the service is still offline. We put in an additional line at work and we phoned in and was asked to switch off the modem off and on again, and after a few minutes the line was activated. The DSL light should be steady and the internet light should blink - indicating traffic flow on the line. I suggest phone them tomorrow and tell them the line is still not acivated. Good luck and hope you are online soon!!
Thanks! Hopefully the rep on here can help as well. Will also email them after tomorrow if no change. Ive been waiting patiently

RVR

Expert Member
Hi

Second light blinking, last light t solid but still no internet

slumdawg

Took Openserve 3weeks to come install only to find out cables are broken...

RVR

Expert Member
everything is installed , just need the internet working so guessing axxess needs to sort this one out

MEG101

Wonder if it'll take so long if u sign up with another provider like vox
Axxess can only do so much on their own. They rely entirely on Openserve to come and install the line that is needed for the Just DSL service. You can try another ISP and see if the time Openserve come and install the line. it is not the ISP's fault. I hope you get sorted soon.

Half_Frog

Expert Member
Hi,

Axxess - How long till it activates?​

Here is your problem. Axxess is KAK

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Axxess can only do so much on their own. They rely entirely on Openserve to come and install the line that is needed for the Just DSL service. You can try another ISP and see if the time Openserve come and install the line. it is not the ISP's fault. I hope you get sorted soon.
I just feel that there could be better communication between Axxess and openserve.. I mean in this day and age who gets told u need to wait a month before we can really do anything..

Anagram

Either you are lucky or not

Axxess and Openserve had new VDSL line installed and operational in a week for me
day 1 Order placed online
day2 Call from Openserve for appt
day3 Install to db
day 4-6 wait for jack to be placed at correct internal location
day7 all done