Axxess security/privacy concern

Marcelbreewee

Each month, Axxess sends a proforma invoice to my main email address, which is fine, but in my latest email from them as received each month, I noticed that the details of the free email address I have with them stated all of my login details. This is shown in the email message and also on the proforma invoice document attached. Luckily I noticed this, as each monthly email (I suspect is automated) contains your bundle info and pricing, which everyone doesn't read every time.

Should I be worried? Knowing that my details are captured and published without any security measures in place?

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
Each month, Axxess sends a proforma invoice to my main email address, which is fine, but in my latest email from them as received each month, I noticed that the details of the free email address I have with them stated all of my login details. This is shown in the email message and also on the proforma invoice document attached. Luckily I noticed this, as each monthly email (I suspect is automated) contains your bundle info and pricing, which everyone doesn't read every time.

Should I be worried? Knowing that my details are captured and published without any security measures in place?

Hi @marcelbre, please PM me your account details so I may look into this.

Totempole

Expert Member
Same thing here. Password shown with email alias's on invoice. Not a huge issue, provided that the email you receive your invoices on is secure.

Marcelbreewee

I see they posted a General Notice message on their Status section:

"We are aware of issues with Proforma Invoices sent out this morning displaying incorrect renewal amounts. The matter has been noted and is being investigated.
Updates are to follow once the issue has been rectified.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused."

It isn't the renewal amounts, as they stated, that is the problem. Our email alias's and passwords are shown!

Still, the damage has been done. Patiently waiting for the updates to follow...

Last edited:

gregmcc

Honorary Master
If they included your password in the email then their security is completely broken. No system of theirs should be able to retrieve your password. They should be storing hashes of your password and these are not reversible.

Marcelbreewee

If they included your password in the email then their security is completely broken. No system of theirs should be able to retrieve your password. They should be storing hashes of your password and these are not reversible.
This was my exact same thought! I'm no expert, but I reckoned that this kind of info would've to be encrypted, or at least require a password to open the document/invoice. Well, in this case, a password wouldn't have been required, as the info of the invoice is also contained in the body of the email.