Axxess Telkom LTE New sim card provision Problem

stede

Good day

I received my Sim card from Axxess on Monday. I was then told that it will take 24 to 48 hours for the sim card to be activated. It is called provision? How does this provision works? Is it Telkom's responsibility for the provision to happen? Axxess said it is Telkom that does the provision. It's something to do with the communication between the sim card and the Telkom tower. I'm not sure.

It could also be a problem on my side. My data deal used to be through Telkom. But I have ended the contract. I have now gone through Axxess also using Telkom LTE. I believe the Network settings are different between Telkom and that of Axxess. I have changed these settings to the Axxess network settings. I'm using the B315 Router.

I though somebody could have some info on this and had the same problem and the waiting period.

Retro1337

I assume you got a Fixed LTE package. Provisioning in quick terms refers to syncing up with your closest or best available tower in your area/Telkom Coverage. This meaning if you decide to go somewhere for example out of town, it may take up 12-24 hours to sync with a new tower. I have seen a rare case with a friend where it has taken a bit longer than 48 hours, but usually shouldn't take longer than 12 hours.

Mine personally only took about +-6 hours when I ordered it last year (10+10GB package)

Retro1337

if you have a spare phone try put in there first for a few hours to check

stede

I assume you got a Fixed LTE package. Provisioning in quick terms refers to syncing up with your closest or best available tower in your area/Telkom Coverage. This meaning if you decide to go somewhere for example out of town, it may take up 12-24 hours to sync with a new tower. I have seen a rare case with a friend where it has taken a bit longer than 48 hours, but usually shouldn't take longer than 12 hours.

Mine personally only took about +-6 hours when I ordered it last year (10+10GB package)
Thanks for the info. Went onto Axxess webside and just saw the below notification.

Telkom Mobile LTE Provisioning - We are currently experiencing an issue with Telkom mobile where there is a delay in provisioning. Our engineers are attending to this matter with Telkom. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

stede

I now see that Axxess has got the same problem with MTN. What the hell is going on with Axxess? How is this possible that two mobile operators has an issue with sim card provisioning? I should have stayed with Telkom direct.

EffisShite

I now see that Axxess has got the same problem with MTN. What the hell is going on with Axxess? How is this possible that two mobile operators has an issue with sim card provisioning? I should have stayed with Telkom direct.
I have the exact same problem, but with Axxess MTN. The guy at Axxess told me the sim is active. Tried everything he said with no luck. I have another MTN sim with Afrihost on the same router working like a charm. It's four days, since I received the sim. So it's not a router problem. Full signal. Hope they can solve this.

stede

I have the exact same problem, but with Axxess MTN. The guy at Axxess told me the sim is active. Tried everything he said with no luck. I have another MTN sim with Afrihost on the same router working like a charm. It's four days, since I received the sim. So it's not a router problem. Full signal. Hope they can solve this.
Yes, Its not a Router problem. I tested it with a Vodacom sim card no problem. I got my sim card on the 3rd last week Monday. Still no luck. I think I contacted the Whole Axxess staff but kept on being told its a Telkom issue. This could still take weeks to be sorted out.

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
Good day

I received my Sim card from Axxess on Monday. I was then told that it will take 24 to 48 hours for the sim card to be activated. It is called provision? How does this provision works? Is it Telkom's responsibility for the provision to happen? Axxess said it is Telkom that does the provision. It's something to do with the communication between the sim card and the Telkom tower. I'm not sure.

It could also be a problem on my side. My data deal used to be through Telkom. But I have ended the contract. I have now gone through Axxess also using Telkom LTE. I believe the Network settings are different between Telkom and that of Axxess. I have changed these settings to the Axxess network settings. I'm using the B315 Router.

I though somebody could have some info on this and had the same problem and the waiting period.
Hi there,

We are sincerely sorry to hear that you've had such a bumpy road. To answer your question, provisioning is an automatic process that takes place between the sim card and the LTE tower. This process can, unfortunately, not be sped up from Axxess' side. In order for this process to start, the sim card needs to be placed inside a router or alternative device.

stede

Hi there,

We are sincerely sorry to hear that you've had such a bumpy road. To answer your question, provisioning is an automatic process that takes place between the sim card and the LTE tower. This process can, unfortunately, not be sped up from Axxess' side. In order for this process to start, the sim card needs to be placed inside a router or alternative device.
Thank you for your feedback. Your company needs to improve on your customer support. No proper feedback is given to customers. I was promised to be contacted everyday regarding this issue, but I had to phone your office everyday to find out the latest on this issue. I can see now why Axxess has got a 68% in the customer satisfaction rankings.

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
I will have the feedback relayed and request that the matter be addressed. Thanks for the feedback.