Bad Beer from a Big Batch

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
6,155
#1
What do you do when you get an "off" beer?

Popped open a Castle Lite 660ml and it tasted awful, horrible. Opened another from the same pack, perfect.

How would it be possible to prove that to SAB? I am 99% sure it is not worth the effort, the other 1% formed this post.
 

Ecko_1

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2017
Messages
568
#5
Keep the bottle and contact the number on the back of the bottle. They will arrange someone from the closest brewery to come out and collect or ask you to take it back to where you bought it. Probably the rest of the 6 pack if possible. They take quality issues really seriously so will want to analyze it and trace it back to the batch. You will be rewarded for you troubles with a voucher for more beer. Possibly more than you return. I worked at one of their breweries for 4 years and had first line sight of how complaints are handled.
 

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
6,155
#6
Keep the bottle and contact the number on the back of the bottle. They will arrange someone from the closest brewery to come out and collect or ask you to take it back to where you bought it. Probably the rest of the 6 pack if possible. They take quality issues really seriously so will want to analyze it and trace it back to the batch. You will be rewarded for you troubles with a voucher for more beer. Possibly more than you return. I worked at one of their breweries for 4 years and had first line sight of how complaints are handled.
Ok, next time, I threw out the bad one, so if I get another one I will try out the number.
 

rh1

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2011
Messages
667
#11
Lol. I am one of those who enjoy castle lights. Before that it was Black label on tap. Guess I dont know what a proper beer is.
 

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
6,155
#14
If anyone requires such a high degree of standardization from a fermented beverage that they need to fuss over a single bad bottle, they probably shouldn't try craft beer.

If it means anything my favourite beer is the Californicator from Woodstock brewer ;)
 
Top