Bad Driving thread

isie

Honorary Master
And, of course, the taxis are again the worst culprits.
lol i remember and old fifa game (98 i think) they would have a video for every stadium in the game, and for south africa all you hear are the taxis hooters :)

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
lol i remember and old fifa game (98 i think) they would have a video for every stadium in the game, and for south africa all you hear are the taxis hooters :)
Newer versions should include the droning sound from thousandsmillions of vuvuzelas

isie

Honorary Master
This guy first tries to cut in front of cars already waiting to turn , 3 of us refused to let him in but he squeezed in after me - then a little later and further up with a robot out and traffic a bit heavy he drives on the sidewalk :mad:

Neuk_

Expert Member
Straight through, no fxxk's given, the taxi in the second video wasn't even early or late, he went in the middle of traffic...

genetic

Honorary Master
Obviously right-hand orientated, but applies to the left too.

Last edited:

gamer16

Honorary Master
Just to balance out all of the C,untery @Neuk_ kindly posts lets have some fun going haha lekker jou **** jy will mos.

Excuse the very odd moon fetish advertisement 1:59

Neuk_

Expert Member
Leave no gaps, anywhere...

The usual taxi behaviour, any way except the right way...

More taxi nonsense almost completely blocking an intersection...

Neuk_

Expert Member
It is this sort of behaviour and attitude that is rotting society in South Africa...

Truck drivers should know the length of their truck...

Traffic rules? What traffic rules?

This is fairly common, people ignore the split in traffic light between those going straight and those turning right and treat it like most other intersections...

isie

Honorary Master
Hi guys
Honest question am I in the wrong here?
Turn signal was on for the on comming traffic, in the right a while bunch of jmpd vehicles all had their lights flashing no sirens ( EFF March yesterday) any way heavy rain so low visibility robot turns green for me, i didn't notice the one jmpd vehicle in the far right (turn only Lane btw) decided he isn't going to wait, only noticed him when he was closer ( yes you can see him in the video before but not sure guess at the time my concentration was right ahead) any way he crossed the siren was off only when he sees me puts it on, i slowed down he didn't turn but went into the on comming Lane and , i get right of way with them if an emergency but he should also check no?

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Hi guys
Turn signal was on for the on comming traffic, in the right a while bunch of jmpd vehicles all had their lights flashing no sirens ( EFF March yesterday) any way heavy rain so low visibility robot turns green for me, i didn't notice the one jmpd vehicle in the far right (turn only Lane btw) decided he isn't going to wait, only noticed him when he was closer ( yes you can see him in the video before but not sure guess at the time my concentration was right ahead) any way he crossed the siren was off only when he sees me puts it on, i slowed down he didn't turn but went into the on comming Lane and , i get right of way with them if an emergency but he should also check no?

If it ever ended up in a Court, you would find yourself been told you have to give way for police vehicles.
So the rule is:
1 The police have right of way.
2 Even if the police are in the wrong,
3 Refer to rule number 1

Last edited:

Neuk_

Expert Member
I have had something similar happen to me but I was on the bicycle and the Land Rover Discovery driver failed to indicate he was going to turn and simply turned leaving me zero choice but to leave a sizeable dent in his passenger door. I can't remember ever swearing at someone as much as I did that day...

Neuk_

Expert Member
Hi guys

It is a difficult one and I am not familiar with the regulations governing police or traffic department vehicles but there has to be some responsibility on their part to make sure they are seen and heard as well as to ensure that if they travel through intersections against the flow of traffic they do so safely.

Brieuse

It is a difficult one and I am not familiar with the regulations governing police or traffic department vehicles but there has to be some responsibility on their part to make sure they are seen and heard as well as to ensure that if they travel through intersections against the flow of traffic they do so safely.
As far as I know they are supposed to use lights and sirens

Neuk_

Expert Member
Muppet taxi driver being a muppet...

Everyone is using the emergency lane these days...

I don't even think he looked, he just rolls straight out of the Builders Warehouse parking lot...

isie

Honorary Master
If it severe ended up in a Court, you would find yourself been told you have to give way for police vehicles.
So the rule is:
1 The police have right of way.
2 Even the police are in the wrong,
3 Refer to rule number 1
I get he has right of way but they were parked for long he only decided to move after a while *- if there was an emergency he would have went a while before and so would all his friends

Yep im confused as well. HEnce my question

As far as I know they are supposed to use lights and sirens
He only put on the siren when he was across and saw me almost T bone him, not before he decided to skip the red.

Like i said i'm not going to say i'm wrong or right (I think i'm right though :) ) - I just want to pose the question - would i be automatically at fault if i drove into him - especial since i have proof of well his negligence?