Bandwidth boosters not available on web site and other issues

Gekco

Expert Member
Fistly:
I checked my usage today and have very little bandwith left and need to purchase boosters.
The DropDownList on the iBurst web site only displays an option of "R 0.00 (incl VAT)"

Could this be rectified as a matter of urgency as I will probably run out of available bandwidth today or by the latest early tomorrow? (I do not want to deal with the call centre)

Secondly:
It's great that that there is an option to change the your current package on the web site.
However, the only way to be able to reach the link seems to be to purchase a booster. The link only appears on the page once that has been done. Can a direct link not be implemented on one of the landing pages?

Thirdly:
It's great that iBurst have released the 'uncapped' packages.
However, even on the current page where you can change your subscription package, none of the bolt-on uncapped packages are listed as options.
In other words it is currently impossible to do it online. The option to do this needs to be added to the list of packages when one wants to change your current package.

I do programming, web and SQL development myself and these are not major changes.
Apart from the link to change your current package which is difficult to get to, all of the other changes could probably be done in the database within an hour.
Changing the placement of the link to change your current package (or adding another one somewhere) likewise should take a few minutes.

As a customer of an ISP I prefer to transact and make changes online. Call centres are a nightmare.

Please guys can you sort out these issues?

Gekco

Expert Member
Could any of the iBurst representatives please provide feedback on the issue of not being able to purchase bandwidth boosters on the iBurst website.

The situation is becoming of critical importance to me as I will probably need to top up today or lose all connectivity.

Remot

Fistly:
I checked my usage today and have very little bandwith left and need to purchase boosters.
The DropDownList on the iBurst web site only displays an option of "R 0.00 (incl VAT)"

Could this be rectified as a matter of urgency as I will probably run out of available bandwidth today or by the latest early tomorrow? (I do not want to deal with the call centre)

Secondly:
It's great that that there is an option to change the your current package on the web site.
However, the only way to be able to reach the link seems to be to purchase a booster. The link only appears on the page once that has been done. Can a direct link not be implemented on one of the landing pages?

Thirdly:
It's great that iBurst have released the 'uncapped' packages.
However, even on the current page where you can change your subscription package, none of the bolt-on uncapped packages are listed as options.
In other words it is currently impossible to do it online. The option to do this needs to be added to the list of packages when one wants to change your current package.

I do programming, web and SQL development myself and these are not major changes.
Apart from the link to change your current package which is difficult to get to, all of the other changes could probably be done in the database within an hour.
Changing the placement of the link to change your current package (or adding another one somewhere) likewise should take a few minutes.

As a customer of an ISP I prefer to transact and make changes online. Call centres are a nightmare.

Please guys can you sort out these issues?

Hi Gecko,

Thanks for your reponse.

1. Booster options - If you are a subscriber of a service provider(and not directly under iBurst), the system will not allow you to top up on account only on credit card. Try this and if still you have a problem PM me your account and I'll check what is the problem.
2. Migration to a different package will be availabe online (self service) in the next web site realease.
3. Self sign up for "Uncapped Any Time" - we are working on this as well and it will be resleased soon.

Gekco

Expert Member
Hi Remot,

Thanks for the feedback and I am glad that you are planning on implementing the changes you mentioned.

I am a direct iBurst subscriber and in fact did a 1GB top up on the web site on the 8th of August successfully.

The problem is not related to account or credit card top ups.
The dropdownlist which normally displays a list of boosters and their prices has no data in it except for "R 0.00 (incl VAT)"
Underneath that there is an option to select account or credit card for billing.

In other words there is no option to top op whether it be via account or credit card.

Gekco

Expert Member
It's working now. I was able to top up.
Thank you for your assistance and speedy resolution of this issue Remot.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Buying Top-up Boosters through the iBurst Website?

My friend does not have a credit card, so we tried to use my credit card to buy a top-up booster through the website... but it refuses any credit card we try. Is there something wrong with the booster purchase option? Or is it because his name does not match my credit card?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Is this problem happening now again? I can see the top up options... but it won't let any of the purchases go through... just gives an error message and says... "there was a problem with your purchase" ???

Waylon82

It must be the website, i tried buying a booster this month with my credit card and didn't work.

thriel

that site works when it wants too. try again later you may have better luck.

iburst should really make sure the site is working 100% , 100% of the time.

i have also had problems with topping up, both to account and credit card.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Will check with the systems people if the credit card payments are working and provide feedback.