Best 2-in-1 laptops for professionals

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
First: Define professional
Second: Budget ranges

There's a thread somewhere here where a guy recently made a very nice spreadsheet with R15k+ laptops on it.

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
None of these laptops are for professionals, they are all consumer grade.

Where are the Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell Latitudes and HP elitebooks.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
The 2 in 1 form factor takes precedence here.

How come the Acer is so cheap compared to the others?

sajunky

Honorary Master
The modern definition of professional is decidedly flexible
Shifting a lot, I agree. Previously professional grade was defined by security and management features, docking facility and extra connector for attaching additional battery.

Today there is no need for additional battery, complicated full docking can be done by a Thunderbolt (a single plug does it all) and the remote management is now an unwanted feature (due to uncovering of backdoors in Intel ME, etc.).

Last edited:

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Shifting a lot, I agree. Previously professional grade was defined by security and management features, docking facility and extra connector for attaching additional battery.

Today there is no need for additional battery, complicated full docking can be done by a Thunderbolt (a single plug does it all) and the remote management is now an unwanted feature (due to uncovering of backdoors in Intel ME, etc.).
Also don't think it matters much in any way anymore. Even hardware quality wise "enterprise grade" - my employer literally has a stack of them in the IT area and if something breaks they just give you a new one with swopped ssd or reimaged. Taking them apart etc is no longer a thing it seems (at least not on-site)