Best fixed-LTE deals

cavedog

Honorary Master
So can the Axxess 10+10gb be used in a normal smartphone?
Yes Telkom does not restrict access by device or technology so will work on 3G and 4G but only in Telkom coverage areas and not roaming.

Goosfrabba

With WebAfrica, been on Cell C Fixed LTE since January. It's never been great but it worked. These last 2/3 months has been horrendous! Swopping over to the Telkom Uncapped LTE with WebAfrica, sim should be arriving next week. Good riddance to Cell C.

CaptainPugwash

I think we should also mention the R10/gig Cell C prepaid deal, valid for 365 days:

https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/get-databundles

It roams on MTN for those outside of Telkoms network and it isn't Fixed-LTE (meaning you can use it in your phone as well).
CellC is terminating its Fixed LTE services soon!

Have a look here:

kabusi

Expert Member
CellC is terminating its Fixed LTE services soon!

Have a look here:
Thats only applicable to the wholesale division through an ISP.
You can still get Fixed LTE via Cell C direct but it is more expensive.
The prepaid service is not classified as Fixed LTE anyway.

CaptainPugwash

Thats only applicable to the wholesale division through an ISP.
You can still get Fixed LTE via Cell C direct but it is more expensive.
The prepaid service is not classified as Fixed LTE anyway.
And how long do you think CellC will be in business? Things don't look good for them.

kabusi

Expert Member
And how long do you think CellC will be in business? Things don't look good for them.
Yes, the future does not look good. Still nothing official about this has been communicated yet.
Until then, the prepaid offerings are still available, as is Fixed LTE direct from Cell C.

Joseph matane

So this was mybroadband way to make Vodacom seem cheap, next time take into account that Telkom has prepaid LTE & LTE-A bundles

kabusi

Expert Member
This nonsense with "after-hours" data needs to stop. Rather offer a rate-limited connection, let's say a limit of 10Mb/s, that is lifted between midnight and 6am.

They'll sell WAY more packages like this.
Agreed, but it's not beneficial to the telecom giants to let us customers have what we want at a low cost.
The demand is greater than supply so they rather milk us on a higher package if we want more anytime data.

FlashSA

Executive Member
The 10GB Axxess for R99 per month is perfect for a dedicated CCTV line - Telkom is the only network which doesn't make it difficult to use an unrestricted APN

cr@zydude

Executive Member
It's great to see so many good deals coming out. Vodacom has even kept their big data deals (normal lte not fixed) running. I'm quite impressed with my 50gb plus 30gb for R299.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
It's great to see so many good deals coming out. Vodacom has even kept their big data deals (normal lte not fixed) running. I'm quite impressed with my 50gb plus 30gb for R299.
Not avail anymore AFAIK.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
This nonsense with "after-hours" data needs to stop. Rather offer a rate-limited connection, let's say a limit of 10Mb/s, that is lifted between midnight and 6am.

They'll sell WAY more packages like this.
PLEASE go apply at Telkom or MTN :thumbsup:. you shall be the next Makate.. but actually get your money loool