BEST Guild Wars 2 video demo

snobee

I have seen a ton of vids for GW2, and of them, I think this series is the best when it comes to showing what GW2 will be like. IF you don't want to listen to all the initial commentary, then jump to the 5 minute mark of the first vid. After the first one, the 2nd and 3rd video's automatically change.

Anyway, this demonstrates the starting of the human race, and I think gives the best example of what it will be like to play GW2. It later moves into the Charr demo in the 3rd vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1kN4Bccx2M&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

snobee

I know, I really can't wait. I joined up on the GW2 Guru website as they have a host of info there in their forums. Arena.net accounced there that they will be showing a new profession soon this month sometime, so dying to see that.

I have been playing WoW since last week, got to level 20 yesterday (max level for my 10 day trial), though I certainly won't be subscribing to it. I thought I would check it out and see what all the fuss is about, especially as some aspects would be similar to GW2. I really don't enjoy it. It has a lot going for it, but I am glad I found GW first, and I am really glad that some of the things I disliked in the few days I played will not be in GW2.
I hated the way they handle monster and boss kills. It pissed me off that I would stand around sometimes waiting for a boss to respawn, and then some other git would take the kill just because my mage was slower at attacking.
I posted a question here in the WoW section concerning the story and primary plot which seemed vacant from WoW. Now, the community there certainly made a great effort to give me info about the lore and story of WoW, and I appreciate that, but it is not really what I was looking for. I was wondering around doing quest after quest, and it just seemed so pointless. In GW and GW2 there is a main plot that carries you through which is something I enjoy. It seems that WoW certainly has a very strong story, but it just wasn't that obvious to me, so I got bored with doing stuff. But that is fine if others don't really miss that, this is just my opinion, and I have not played that long anyway... though I did clock up over 32 hours in a few days. :) Certainly, I think GW is faster paced and I think I missed that.
Anyway, I am looking forward to GW2, just wish it was coming out sooner. Though I guess by July will be the earliest... if not, November maybe.

Last edited: