Best modem router for unstable line

Dianysis

Expert Member
Hi all.

Need assistance... again.

My dsl line has proven to be quite iffy.
4 technicians have been out - some issues have been sorted but others still remain.

Advice on the best modem router to use with a "sensitive" line? Would like it to have VDSL as I may have a chance to upgrade to 20 mbps VDSL in near future.

Looking online, seems that TP-Link is highly recommended. Any thoughts?

At the moment have the Asus DSL-AC68U modem router but doesn't seem to play nice with my line. Also reading online - apparently the modem isn't great and is known to have issues on lines such as mine.

Line stats are shown below. Using my old Huawei router is it performs better than the Asus.

Upstream noise safety coefficient(SNR) (dB) 10.9
Downstream noise safety coefficient(SNR) (dB) 6.9
Upstream line attenuation (dB)15.6
Downstream line attenuation (dB)25.5
Upstream output power (dBmV)12.1
Downstream output power (dBmV)18.2

Thanks in advance.

ponder

Honorary Master
I'll sell you my old microcom, that's if I can find it.

Feature-wise it had nothing but god that thing would sync even if you cut the line with side cutters:laugh:

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Hi all.

Need assistance... again.

My dsl line has proven to be quite iffy.
4 technicians have been out - some issues have been sorted but others still remain.

Advice on the best modem router to use with a "sensitive" line? Would like it to have VDSL as I may have a chance to upgrade to 20 mbps VDSL in near future.

Looking online, seems that TP-Link is highly recommended. Any thoughts?

At the moment have the Asus DSL-AC68U modem router but doesn't seem to play nice with my line. Also reading online - apparently the modem isn't great and is known to have issues on lines such as mine.

Line stats are shown below. Using my old Huawei router is it performs better than the Asus.

Upstream noise safety coefficient(SNR) (dB) 10.9
Downstream noise safety coefficient(SNR) (dB) 6.9
Upstream line attenuation (dB)15.6
Downstream line attenuation (dB)25.5
Upstream output power (dBmV)12.1
Downstream output power (dBmV)18.2

Thanks in advance.
See if you can find one of those Technicolor modems Mweb gave away.

I remember a technician came out one time and asked wtf kind of modem is that, you should not be syncing at all let alone at that speed.