Beware of Evetech

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
So you knew they had a bad reputation, yet you chose to buy from them?

ZERO sympathy from me! It is idjits like you that keep them in business.

Go cry somewhere else.

Sl8er

Executive Member
They have a crap reputation for a reason:

http://carbonite.co.za/showthread.php?t=167101

In a nutshell. Bought two 1050ti graphics cards from them. Rocket League game was advertised as included. After I paid, received my goods, the store only provided one game code and not two.
If it says 1 code per GPU...and you bought 2 GPU's...you should get 2 codes.
Simple as that.
What did they when you asked for your other code?

(Thanks for the heads-up, BTW.)

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
Not Evetech's fault.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/rocket-league-bundle

FOR EUROPE TERRITORIES

Offer good for one digital download code (Rocket League) free. Limit one download code per customer of their game choice. Offer valid only through authorized ETAIL and Retail partners and only redeemable through GeForce Experience client. For redemption instructions, click here. Bundle begins May 30, 2017 through July 31, 2017 or while supplies last. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold, or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Offer valid worldwide, excluding China. Customer is responsible for any applicable sales tax. Offer may not be combined with any other offer, cash card, Game Time card, and rebate or discount coupon. Product subject to availability, quantities are limited. Retailers, distributors and employees of NVIDIA, Psyonix, and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited. Limit one offer per person per transaction. Code will be provided to customer with the purchase of a qualifying NVIDIA product. Free game must be redeemed via GeForce Experience application on a desktop or notebook PC with qualifying graphics card installed. Customer must meet the age requirement for the game to redeem. Regional/Country Requirements- Some coupons require that they be redeemed in specific regions or countries. Please redeem the code in the appropriate region/country.

Last edited:

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
Technically you can still insist on a second code as we are not a Europe territory, and the terms do not specify south Africa. But yea, hassle of dealing with evetech is another story.
But since we're in the EMEA, the Europe rules apply.

genetic

Honorary Master
Technically you can still insist on a second code as we are not a Europe territory, and the terms do not specify south Africa. But yea, hassle of dealing with evetech is another story.
No you can't. South Africa is part of the EMEA, so the European rules apply.

Fluffyone

I have bought several things from Evetech and not had any issues... My packages always arrived really quickly and have always worked without any issues.

Bought an upgrade bundle, new graphics card, screen, laptop, more memory over a a long period of time and every one was max 2-3 day wait and always worked.

Seems this person and some others just had a run of bad luck.

Spliffcat

Expert Member
Missing the point. It's not about supplying the goods.
It's about the horrific non existent after sales service.

demertech

not true
Missing the point. It's not about supplying the goods.
It's about the horrific non existent after sales service.
i dare you to go to evetech they have tongs of service over phone workers everytime i had a problem with my laptop even if it was not there fault they would help me with patience and never get annoyed it would be amazing if takealot had that kind of service evetech is great

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
kk

cant help lack of knowledge and appreciation
100% agree, can't help you.

"Duh I dO oNe DEaL wIff EveTEcH aNd NoW Dem iS GoOd"

Not sure if you have seen but there are 100's of responses in the main evetech complaint thread.
Just because you bought a R200 flash drive from them and it worked, doesn't equate to them being anything less than a crap supplier.