Big network upgrade for Webafrica

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Big network upgrade for Webafrica

Webafrica is in the process of migrating from Internet Solutions to its own infrastructure provider in partnership with a number of parties, including Echo Service Provider.

The ISP confirmed that it is working on the deployment of a new network, which it says is completely different to the platform it currently uses, following questions from MyBroadband.

Apogee

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yeah they had their own network back in 2010 but then it was mainly on Telkom adsl. I think in todays time it makes more sense to have your own network as more fibre operators are available so you can actually save quite a bit if it is done correctly. Relatively affordable fibre connect prices from most cable providers.

Sadly Openserve is still backwards with it's IPC.

Reactions: Yuu

Thor

Honorary Master
Will this result in a cheaper cost per gigabyte?

j4ck455

Executive Member
Internet Solutions seems to be going the way of the dinosaur (based on recent cloudless incompetence), WA should have dumped IS a long time ago.

joshuabrooks

I have been having problems with their fibre performance and they just can't resolve my issue. Instead they tell me that I need to put all my streaming devices on a network cable. What is the point of doing that.

Tinuva

The Magician
I have been having problems with their fibre performance and they just can't resolve my issue. Instead they tell me that I need to put all my streaming devices on a network cable. What is the point of doing that.
To confirm that the wifi at your place is not the issue.

Performance for the new network, only time will tell with testing.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Urgh. Hope they don't screw this up. Luckily only one router login to change this time if they do. Rest all moved to fibre or LTE.