Bitco 10Gbps fibre tested

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Bitco 10Gbps fibre tested

BitCo recently launched new business fibre packages which can offer up to 10Gbps of uncontented bandwidth.

The company also dropped the prices of its fibre offerings as part of a "Fibre Revolution" promotion, offering high-speed services for an unprecedented price.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
lol. Should have done international downloads instead of from a server probably in the room next door.
Would be asking far too much from the mybb team and also goes against offering actual news vs free press.

kilos

Expert Member
lol. Should have done international downloads instead of from a server probably in the room next door.
Yep, most ISP have minimum 10 Gbps peering links to all the IXP at Jhb, Cape Town & Durban.
International IP Transit would have revealed a different story.

Delivering the said speeds will depend alot on who the mile provider will be and what coverage they will have.
Exciting times

Swa

Honorary Master
I've had it with these articles. It's like the king eating stake while the peasants can't afford flour. Rather focus on getting fibre to more people.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Each laptop was limited to 1Gbps so why not just compare it to Vumatel 1Gbps for R1490 or so....

If the tests were done on a pc with a 10Gbps ethernet card then that would have been decent.

There are quite a few people here on the forum with 1Gbps Vumatel and Frogfoot lines so speeds are what you can expect with s 1Gbps ethernet port.

Reactions: Yuu

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
I've had it with these articles. It's like the king eating stake while the peasants can't afford flour. Rather focus on getting fibre to more people.
It does feel like that. I guess the digital divide is increasing. However at least these type of services are bringing down the average cost/Mbps for international and national transit, and also putting pressure on the pricing of alternative technologies.