Bitco home wireless internet

philaniH

Home package seems to be just the 30mbit, their business wireless link goes up to 1gbit.
The antenna used looks identical to this,

The free router,
Thanks,

Those dishes do work hey!

tm458

Home package seems to be just the 30mbit, their business wireless link goes up to 1gbit.
The antenna used looks identical to this,

The free router,
hmm, seems like customers get different antennas.
The one used here at my house is the Radwin 2000 alpha

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Had it with my first invoice, mailed them and then they fixed it. Now second month ... same fcking problem. Invoice + vat.
Got this feedback now
The credit has been drafted and is pending sign-off the credit will be passed before the debit order runs.
Hope this is not an every month fckup.

VandaL

wow seems impressive, so they need to come install a 6m pole and awaiting stock, im sure i will get one of those huge dishes as well. For some reason on 15mbs my wisp always struggled with twitch. Have you tried netflix and youtube?
Before my WISP changed to Herotel I had zero issues with twitch streams maybe the odd stutter at 1080p60 but 720 was always 100%, on herotel its lucky if 360p is without any stutters. Netflix and Youtube have always been fine.

6m pole O_O are you becoming a node or something, that's crazy. Your house is going to fly away with the amount of wind that dish will catch lol. My buddies install didn't go so well they said there are trees in the way, not sure why they didn't give him the light pole option, just sent him an email a few hours later saying they couldn't get LOS and cannot provide service.

Still waiting for them to sort out my download speed its still all over the place. I haven't gotten a customer panel login or invoice etc so I'm assuming they are still busy with it

Last edited:

Dretastic06

Before my WISP changed to Herotel I had zero issues with twitch streams maybe the odd stutter at 1080p60 but 720 was always 100%, on herotel its lucky if 360p is without any stutters. Netflix and Youtube have always been fine.

6m pole O_O are you becoming a node or something, that's crazy. Your house is going to fly away with the amount of wind that dish will catch lol. My buddies install didn't go so well they said there are trees in the way, not sure why they didn't give him the light pole option, just sent him an email a few hours later saying they couldn't get LOS and cannot provide service.

Still waiting for them to sort out my download speed its still all over the place. I haven't gotten a customer panel login or invoice etc so I'm assuming they are still busy with it

apparently he needs a longer pole because he gets LOS for two sectors, one is a bit to far he said and the other is perfect just need to go up higher and then it would be in range he would also need to move the direction of the sector. I just hope they dont come with excuses after this as the other options out there isnt to great.

Dretastic06

Got this feedback now
The credit has been drafted and is pending sign-off the credit will be passed before the debit order runs.
Hope this is not an every month fckup.
i think this is a new product hence they having hiccups.

VandaL

So I received a response from bitco regarding my download speed. Frankly this type of response really annoys me.

Capture.JPG

My previous ISP had a contention ratio of 1:10 and I pretty much always got the full 15/8. At no point in the past 24hours have I even got a 30mbit speedtest result. Even saturating the link with multiple threads has the speed going all over the place from 15-24mbit.

Capture.JPG

I acutally think my Neotel contention ratio was 1:25

VandaL

So I received a response from bitco regarding my download speed. Frankly this type of response really annoys me.

View attachment 882728

My previous ISP had a contention ratio of 1:10 and I pretty much always got the full 15/8. At no point in the past 24hours have I even got a 30mbit speedtest result. Even saturating the link with multiple threads has the speed going all over the place from 15-24mbit.

View attachment 882734

Capture.JPG
That type of response leads me to believe this is normal? Speedtest done right now.

Dretastic06

View attachment 882728

View attachment 882734

I call BS, i think i was also on 1:10 with easyweb and always got my 15mbs no matter what time of the day

wernervn

did they tell you while they were there or did they send a email afterwards? Which area you from?
The techs told me that they scanned but cannot comment, it's up to the engineers at the office to make a decision. I received an email shortly thereafter informing me that they will not continue with the order due to the lack of LOS.

The tech climbed onto the roof and held a battered old metal dish in his hands to test, but said he has no idea what the results are, as they get recorded and interpreted by the engineers at the office. The process seems a bit opaque, as I would have liked more insight into whether a pole that reached higher than his hand would have made a difference.

VandaL

The techs told me that they scanned but cannot comment, it's up to the engineers at the office to make a decision. I received an email shortly thereafter informing me that they will not continue with the order due to the lack of LOS.

The tech climbed onto the roof and held a battered old metal dish in his hands to test, but said he has no idea what the results are, as they get recorded and interpreted by the engineers at the office. The process seems a bit opaque, as I would have liked more insight into whether a pole that reached higher than his hand would have made a difference.
Your experience sounds similar to my mates, they went up the roof immediately did a 1-2min scan and left, a few hours later he recieved an email saying it would not be possible.

My guys came here, had a look around the property, then did a full risk assessment, asked me where the nearest hospital was. Then went up on to the roof with a tiny antenna similar to my current wisp, said they can see the high site but it was not picking up great signal with the baby antenna. Went back into the van pulled out a moerse DSTV dish, took around 10mins to assemble, went back up did signal testing for like 20mins. Then put in the bracket and realigned that process took a good few hours. He said he is getting around -55db stable which is very good. Came inside had to setup the PPPOE then wait around 20mins for the network guys to create the login, download speed was eh all over the place upload was rock solid instantly pegging at 16.5mbit.

A few days later now, the network engineer said they had their RF guys look at the link and they applied tweaks. Since around 12am last night the link has been hitting a solid 28.5mbit fully saturated and 15up. I'm still chatting with them as to why it is not hitting the full 30mbit on WAN.

Here are the throughput results he sent me showing that I am fully capable of the 30/15.
bitco.PNG

Capture.JPG

I still don't have an invoice or customer control access. So I'll wait for them to complete whatever process they need to, I think they are suppose to send me a handover email stating they have completed the install

Dretastic06

Strange man, they were struggling with mine as well but said they will come back with a 6m pole to check everything again. They seem dodge and also i dont think they care to much about this product!

Crumbl0x

damn, now I'm really thinking if they had come over with proper equipment and a longer pole I would've gotten LOS too, but oh well. That other contact I was with unfortunately offered me abysmal throughput and pings with constant random drop hiccups so for the time being I'm going to try MTN's offering, no more WISPs for me hehe

Dretastic06

damn, now I'm really thinking if they had come over with proper equipment and a longer pole I would've gotten LOS too, but oh well. That other contact I was with unfortunately offered me abysmal throughput and pings with constant random drop hiccups so for the time being I'm going to try MTN's offering, no more WISPs for me hehe
If only they had a 500GB anytime package for R1000

Attachments

VandaL

If only they had a 500GB anytime package for R1000
Ah yes 5G mobile data, like having a super car with no fuel :p

I still haven't got an answer as to why Bitco are so aggressively limiting the WAN link on this service, does anyone have a 30mbit speedtest result? Saturating the link I can only achieve 29MBit but it jumps around there 27-29mbit(viewing usage through my Asus RT-AC68U).
I've emailed them quite a few times now at this stage and no real response. Their throughput shows it can easily do 30mbit stable.