Bitco home wireless internet

tm458

Hi, does anyone here use Bitco's 30mbps home wireless internet and is the latency good for prolonged use of online gaming?

Solitude

Executive Member
I used Bitco's 10mbps a couple of years back and it was amazing. I then moved to Vodacom fibre and it was such a big mistake. Am on Rain 5G now.

Reactions: old

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Hi, does anyone here use Bitco's 30mbps home wireless internet and is the latency good for prolonged use of online gaming?
I've got it. Dunno about the latency - how do i test it ?

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Oh wow, i see i actually have coverage for this here in Durban..

is it completely uncapped??
speeds consistent as well...?
also worried about gaming consistency..

annd would it be worth the extra R500 i currently pay for Telkom LTE 80gig...

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Sweet, how long did installation take?
It's quite quick. Depends on where they find the best signal. With me it was on the garage roof, so had to pull in a cable from there. Only hazzle is they have a "period" of up to a week where they monitor the signal before installing the router.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
It's quite quick. Depends on where they find the best signal. With me it was on the garage roof, so had to pull in a cable from there. Only hazzle is they have a "period" of up to a week where they monitor the signal before installing the router.
Are you happy?

also did you opt for 24months or month to month option..?

HunterNW

Honorary Master
wow, thats actually really amazing..

and is it a capped package or uncapped?
have you had any throttling at all?
Uncapped. I'm not an online gamer so wouldn't know if i get throttled. Used mainly for downloading movies, series and streaming.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Uncapped. I'm not an online gamer so wouldn't know if i get throttled. Used mainly for downloading movies, series and streaming.
ok well i am assuming you do a lot of downloading so it has been pretty good for that purpose i assume?

for R1000 a month i guess its not too bad

HunterNW

Honorary Master
ok well i am assuming you do a lot of downloading so it has been pretty good for that purpose i assume?

for R1000 a month i guess its not too bad
I dl quite alot of k@k. My previous wireless was 6mbps - for streaming it's a bit schit. So i wanted to upgrade to 10mbps which is R999. Just makes sense paying a little extra for 30mbps.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
I dl quite alot of k@k. My previous wireless was 6mbps - for streaming it's a bit schit. So i wanted to upgrade to 10mbps which is R999. Just makes sense paying a little extra for 30mbps.
yea i agree. Contemplating this actually.... just a big jump from R550 though..

HunterNW

Honorary Master
yea i agree. Contemplating this actually.... just a big jump from R550 though..
I jumped from R810 - Well worth it. And when the girl and kids visit they can go Bosbefok without hindering my streaming. :laugh:

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
I jumped from R810 - Well worth it. And when the girl and kids visit they can go Bosbefok without hindering my streaming. :laugh:
LOL from me its R550 for 80 gigs... so it could possibly be a great thing but not sure i could afford that currently