Bitcoin’s domination in decline

rpm

Admin
Staff member

Bitcoin’s domination in decline as Ether hits $3,000

Bitcoin’s domination of total cryptocurrency market value is declining as its next-biggest rival Ether reaches the $3,000 milestone.

The rise of Ether suggests there’s room for more than one winner among digital tokens as the sector evolves. Bitcoin now accounts for about 46% of total crypto market value, down from roughly 70% at the start of the year, and Ether makes up 15%, according to tracker CoinGecko.

johnjm

Expert Member
Bitcoin isn’t in decline. Granted I haven’t read the full article. Personally I can see it being utilised wel into the foreseeable future as a method of legitimate payment, as can be seen with PayPal and Tesla allowing payments.

Ether is a threat if you can call it that though, as it’s network is awesome in so that it allows not just currency to be validated. Personally I only buy into these two. It seems there is a ICO every week.

acidrain

Executive Member
Personally, if fees carry on the way they are, people will look for replacements. This has already happened to ETH and is partly the reason BSC was such a hit recently.

Looking at BTC tx fees, $22 is madness and as much as I blame ripple for some of my bad investment choices, one thing is certain is transferring value using it is a no brainer ( I actually tried to do a tx earlier today and the exchange fee was $40, swapped to XRP and cost me 1XRP or like $1.50 )

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
what a silly notion to measure a crypto token's "dominance" in fiat currency terms ...

which one is held by most people? has the most trade volume as a % of its own total supply?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Personally, if fees carry on the way they are, people will look for replacements. This has already happened to ETH and is partly the reason BSC was such a hit recently.

Looking at BTC tx fees, $22 is madness and as much as I blame ripple for some of my bad investment choices, one thing is certain is transferring value using it is a no brainer ( I actually tried to do a tx earlier today and the exchange fee was $40, swapped to XRP and cost me 1XRP or like $1.50 )
The lightning network will take care of that...

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Not sure if you are serious or not, but lightning is sooooo slow to get picked up.
It needs to be 10x the size it is now to make a real, measurable, difference.
It's growing as the article states...
The number of nodes on Bitcoin’s Lightning network has nearly doubled year over year, according to public data.