Bitcoin Thread

Wary GOM

Expert Member
Please excuse what might be off topic or just plain dumb. Does anyone have information/opinions on Revix?

[Having previously been mainly interested in currency futures, I now want to expand to crypto so am using the expertise on MyBB as one source of critically needed education. My preference right now is to open a Valr account, fund with investment capital and watch and wait then buy crypto and hodl it. PS I am watching the MTI thread all the time and have been interested in looking into scams since Gerry Cotten disappeared.]

Snyper564

Executive Member
Please excuse what might be off topic or just plain dumb. Does anyone have information/opinions on Revix?

[Having previously been mainly interested in currency futures, I now want to expand to crypto so am using the expertise on MyBB as one source of critically needed education. My preference right now is to open a Valr account, fund with investment capital and watch and wait then buy crypto and hodl it. PS I am watching the MTI thread all the time and have been interested in looking into scams since Gerry Cotten disappeared.]
I personally would go binance and create the bundles you want.

So many coins projects things to stake etc before going the revix route

I did a high risk stake of 1inch for 2 months. Coins release next week and sitting at 5x or 500 percent in 2 months so can't complain. Staking was a variable 64% per annum but coin also shot from 1 usd to btw 4 to 6 usd

Although valr and luno are decent they very very limited plain boring vanilla exchanges

Wary GOM

Expert Member
I personally would go binance and create the bundles you want.

So many coins projects things to stake etc before going the revix route

I did a high risk stake of 1inch for 2 months. Coins release next week and sitting at 5x or 500 percent in 2 months so can't complain. Staking was a variable 64% per annum but coin also shot from 1 usd to btw 4 to 6 usd

Although valr and luno are decent they very very limited plain boring vanilla exchanges
Thanks very much for the information. :)

Matata

Does it really matter if they are that abundant though? Losing a few million when you already have more than enough (hypothetically they already have millions in solid assets or fiat money. Disclaimer: I do not know these whales, just hinting that they are probably already rich beyond many people's lifetimes. Maybe it is not just with crypto but other things too. Even if it is crypto-only, they are still better off than most.) does not seem like a loss. Things to also take into consideration (apologies to the people who know those people's backstories in the tweet, I do not) did they become a whale when it was cheap or did they become a whale by buying in with billions like that Dubai guy. That could still be some loss if you bought in so big so late, but still then comes the assumption you have enormous wealth to do that.

I have seen too many of these loss fallacies. An actual loss would be permanent unemployment, living under the bread line, being enslaved by minimum wage and so much debt the one cannot escape because of the loss. It seems like we put too much value in the triviality of these "number changes".

John Tempus

Executive Member
Does it really matter if they are that abundant though? Losing a few million when you already have more than enough (hypothetically they already have millions in solid assets or fiat money. Disclaimer: I do not know these whales, just hinting that they are probably already rich beyond many people's lifetimes. Maybe it is not just with crypto but other things too. Even if it is crypto-only, they are still better off than most.) does not seem like a loss. Things to also take into consideration (apologies to the people who know those people's backstories in the tweet, I do not) did they become a whale when it was cheap or did they become a whale by buying in with billions like that Dubai guy. That could still be some loss if you bought in so big so late, but still then comes the assumption you have enormous wealth to do that.

I have seen too many of these loss fallacies. An actual loss would be permanent unemployment, living under the bread line, being enslaved by minimum wage and so much debt the one cannot escape because of the loss. It seems like we put too much value in the triviality of these "number changes".

That screenshot is not about any loss. Those are unrealized losses and still open positions.

Take a look at the realized profit for the same guys listed with those unrealized losses on bitfinex leaderboard (that is where those stats come from). Some of them are up over $100million in realized profit so it might look bad from an unrealized loss perspective but if they have enough of a bankroll to survive through the swings they will probably turn those losses into far less of a loss or even profit over time.

Matata

That screenshot is not about any loss. Those are unrealized losses and still open positions.

Take a look at the realized profit for the same guys listed with those unrealized losses on bitfinex leaderboard (that is where those stats come from). Some of them are up over $100million in realized profit so it might look bad from an unrealized loss perspective but if they have enough of a bankroll to survive through the swings they will probably turn those losses into far less of a loss or even profit over time.
Indeed. Either way, I still think they are more well off than people under the breadline struggling with debt.

John Tempus

Executive Member
Indeed. Either way, I still think they are more well off than people under the breadline struggling with debt.

Well the top unrealized PNL trader is the lead trader for Arrow Capital or something such. Go to bitfinex leaderboard and click the twitter profile and you will realize that it is institutional traders you are seeing at the top of the winning/losing outcomes.

Last edited:

flytek

Agreed...bulls look tired and bears appear to be on the right side of the fence to me...but yes could easily break up for a dead cat bounce...or a new moonshot....impossible to tell...curves look like a 2017 repeat to me.

Wary GOM

Expert Member
Agreed...bulls look tired and bears appear to be on the right side of the fence to me...but yes could easily break up for a dead cat bounce...or a new moonshot....impossible to tell...curves look like a 2017 repeat to me.
With my level of non-experience with bitcoin, all I can do is watch and learn a little! :rolleyes:

flytek

that's why I was hoping a pro would correct me... :-D
edit: the reading i have done says this could be a descending triangle which usually will break out to the low side and then target a level equal to the height of the triangle lower: Ie $30k
However dead cats can bounce and this whole retraction might be nothing more than a pause in the moon shot that was occurring till last week.
Also bubbles popping would tend to create a curve that is more gentle as time goes on as in 2017.
At the best of times I consider this gambling...and a fun learning experience.

below is 2021 vs 2017 with scales slightly adjusted so that the current peak is scaled to match the last peak
btc-spikes.jpg

Last edited:

saor

Honorary Master
Look like a 2017 repeat to me.
One possibility is we're in a similar place now to 2017 indicated by the green arrow. The bullish move might be to pull down further to the $40/41k range to test that possible trendline and if it can find support there, continue the move up again. Or it falls through there could be more bear market.

FINE.png

Last edited:

Temujin

Honorary Master
that's why I was hoping a pro would correct me... :-D
edit: the reading i have done says this could be a descending triangle which usually will break out to the low side and then target a level equal to the height of the triangle lower: Ie $30k
However dead cats can bounce and this whole retraction might be nothing more than a pause in the moon shot that was occurring till last week.
Also bubbles popping would tend to create a curve that is more gentle as time goes on as in 2017.
At the best of times I consider this gambling...and a fun learning experience.

below is 2021 vs 2017 with scales slightly adjusted so that the current peak is scaled to match the last peak
View attachment 1028270
btc-spikes.jpg

FTFY ;)