Black Ops MP issues?

Hey guys.

If this is the wrong section to post this, please do move it :)

Ok, so first off I'm brand new to MP or specifically Black Ops MP. So my knowledge of the internet & MP is like super limited lol. We recently upgraded our telkom line to a mere 1MB line, which seems to have worked awesome for local servers. I usually get around 40 PING and I was able to play it for 2 days with no issues but now something odd keeps happening, as soon as I enter a local server I get "connection interrupted" and my game just hangs. Which means I have to exit the game. It's been happening for 5 days in a row now. Let me just state that, I am using a WIFI USB connection thing, so I'm receiving from the main modem which is settled in the first house (I stay in a little flat just next to it.) and have been doing so for a while. Browsing and watching videos works fine, but as soon as I try MP my internet just kicks off. I tried playing the game in windowed mode to see what my connection is doing, y'know, the little blue tv screens on the bottom right corner of the task bar. It basically switches off or rather I comepletely go off the internet. Then, I'll automatically reconnect. What causes this? We phoned telkom to find out if there is fault with the line, they sent an sms stating there is and said they'll sort it out asap. But I just find it odd that my net restarts itself everytime I try joining a game. Oh and if it matters, I'm using an Edimax 11n USB and I'm using Vista 64 (don't ask lol).

Cheers for any answers, it will be much appreciated :)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x63/UrgentKing/2012-01-20_00001.jpg

RaFi

Well, my advice will be to check your connection first. You can do the ol' tracert in command prompt to the server IP, but I use WinMTRhttp://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/. There you can quickly see the state of your connection and you can determine exactly where the problem is.

Second, ensure that your Firewall and AV allow Black Ops to connect. Even though it was fine a few weeks ago, double check it again. Bear in mind that Black Ops also sends international data, it can be that you are limited on Int bandwidth or something.

Other than that I am not sure, haven't encounter that particular problem before.

Hey thanks buddy, I just downloaded it. Thankfully, Telkom will be sending a tech out to come "resolve" the issue. :)

GreyBush

Executive Member
My guess is wifi is the problem, try running a network cable between your PC and the router to test.