Blackberry PlayBook, OMG!

Are any of the tablets (except iPad) bring out screens that are bigger than 7". I played with a 7" Galaxy at work and then played Angry Birds on a 9" iPad. The 9" makes a difference.
 
Are any of the tablets (except iPad) bring out screens that are bigger than 7". I played with a 7" Galaxy at work and then played Angry Birds on a 9" iPad. The 9" makes a difference.
There's also the Galaxy 10.1.
 
Are any of the tablets (except iPad) bring out screens that are bigger than 7". I played with a 7" Galaxy at work and then played Angry Birds on a 9" iPad. The 9" makes a difference.

Asus Eee pad transformer 10.1
Motorola Xoom 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I must admit there is aspects of the Playbook that I love, I have an iPad but really want to get myself an Android Honeycomb tablet.
Here is hoping they bring out a wonderful competitive product, and they find customers that love it, last thing I want is a 1 horse race.
 
Well I couldn't wait for the playbook so I got myself a Galaxy Tab. One thing that I think BB can't beat as yet is the Android Appstore. There's thousands of really cool free apps and games etc in it :).
 
I am dissapointed in the android market. I want to buy apps.

Sent from my Desire HD using MyBroadband Android App
 
Well I couldn't wait for the playbook so I got myself a Galaxy Tab. One thing that I think BB can't beat as yet is the Android Appstore. There's thousands of really cool free apps and games etc in it :).

True, they cant beat it, so they joined it. As of OS6.1 which is the OS ont he Tab, RIM has been granted access to and included support for android apps via the android market. The support is limited as they still working on full intergration as android was a lte addition and not initially planned for OS6.1, but with the OS7 release due nov this year the intergration will be complete and any BB device with OS7 support will have full access to any and all android based applications.
 
Freebies are ok, but I want apps that aren't free too, and them we can't get, which sucks

Sent from my Desire HD using MyBroadband Android App
 
True, they cant beat it, so they joined it. As of OS6.1 which is the OS ont he Tab, RIM has been granted access to and included support for android apps via the android market. The support is limited as they still working on full intergration as android was a lte addition and not initially planned for OS6.1, but with the OS7 release due nov this year the intergration will be complete and any BB device with OS7 support will have full access to any and all android based applications.

It's like having a Mac OS notebook and just running Windows 7 apps on it. So why not just get Windows 7 and run your Windows 7 apps on it?

Really boggles the mind why you would still use a crapberry when everything else on your phone is Android.
 
It's like having a Mac OS notebook and just running Windows 7 apps on it. So why not just get Windows 7 and run your Windows 7 apps on it?
Really boggles the mind why you would still use a crapberry when everything else on your phone is Android.

BIS/BES + unlimited internet International access to email......
 
It's like having a Mac OS notebook and just running Windows 7 apps on it. So why not just get Windows 7 and run your Windows 7 apps on it?

Really boggles the mind why you would still use a crapberry when everything else on your phone is Android.

That would be hard seeing as Mac does not support windows apps, life would actualyl be much better if it did as mac, as crap as it is has its advantages. Who is to say you will run only android apps on it. there are many BB aps that are not available fro droids and visa versa, its simply a merger of the 2 biggest players.

Imagine the graphics design potential and video editing power of the mac paired with the freedom of windows

Androids are great phones, with thier biggest flaw being South Africa, @ R2 per mb they are simply expensive same with that kakphone that everone is raving about. The BB OS is as fast and as stable as android and has a much lower fail rate, it has the lowest fail rate of all smartphones with the kakphone leading the pack as the most failed device.
 
Apple Buys Up Touch Panels Delaying RIM's Tablet Release

DigiTimes reports that RIM's PlayBook tablet PC is set to launch on April 19th, but that this date was a month behind the original target date. Besides ongoing software testing, RIM was also unable to procure enough touch panels since "Apple already booked up most of the available capacity".

Apple is believed to have invested $3.9 billion in order to guarantee long term supply of LCDs for the next few years. Apple had already suffered from shortages during the first iPad's launch and likely recognized it as a strategic long-term investment, much like their long term flash-memory purchase in 2005.

The move already seems to be affecting supply of competitors including the RIM playbook. While the Playbook uses a smaller 7" screen than the iPad's 10", there are only so many companies that supply touch panel displays and it seems Apple has saturated their production capabilities.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/07/apple-buys-up-touch-panels-delaying-rims-tablet-release/
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X