BlackBerry Z10 review

[15:57:21] <BaluBear[werk]> my baas het vir hom die BB Z10 gekoop
[15:57:32] <BaluBear[werk]> hy moan elke minuut oor die ding
[15:58:43] <BaluBear[werk]> hy kannie webmail op hom sit nie
[15:58:59] <BaluBear[werk]> hy vries sodra jy teveel apps gebruik
[15:59:02] <BaluBear[werk]> teveel menend 3
[16:00:20] <BaluBear[werk]> so nou be*** hy homself elkekeer as hy sy mails moet check want dan moet hy na sy laptop toe gaan as hy agter in die werkswinkel staan

doesnt sound like a good start to me for the Z10.
 
[15:57:21] <BaluBear[werk]> my baas het vir hom die BB Z10 gekoop
[15:57:32] <BaluBear[werk]> hy moan elke minuut oor die ding
[15:58:43] <BaluBear[werk]> hy kannie webmail op hom sit nie
[15:58:59] <BaluBear[werk]> hy vries sodra jy teveel apps gebruik
[15:59:02] <BaluBear[werk]> teveel menend 3
[16:00:20] <BaluBear[werk]> so nou be*** hy homself elkekeer as hy sy mails moet check want dan moet hy na sy laptop toe gaan as hy agter in die werkswinkel staan

doesnt sound like a good start to me for the Z10.

Klink soos 'n "pebkac" probleem. Ek het al selfde probleme gesien om ander fone ook en dit is ALTYD die stupid foon se skuld!
 
MyBroadband should just quit at doing reviews. Against what or on which scale do you rate your items? Thumb suck much? Why are your reviews not going into any depth of any of the devices?

THIS IS A REVIEW

MyBB review feels rushed.
 
Last edited:
Having used the Z10 nonstop in production for a few weeks now, I find the review to be spot on, both in good and bad.

BTW, a new firmware/software was released yesterday for OTA. It addresses some of the browser stability issues reported.
 
MyBroadband should just quit at doing reviews. Against what or on which scale do you rate your items? Thumb suck much? Why are your reviews not going into any depth of any of the devices?

THIS IS A REVIEW

MyBB review feels rushed.

Lol yeah, reputable review coming from a fan site :D

MBB doesnt have days to write reviews about it, it should be more, "My personal opinion on Z10 (I have an iphone gg)"
 
After checking that review, it definitely looks more like an advert...
 
Agreed :-)

Their "advert" is quite thorough. It points out the bad fairly well. For a phone that's just been released I think it deserves a little more credit. And after the update I would like to read updated reviews on the handset.

Can't wait to get mine.
 
You gotta take into account the fact that Crackberry has had the Z10 for far longer than MyBB has.
MyBB reviewers have, on average, between a week and 2 weeks with a device before it has to move on and their article has to be up. It's not much time to get fully acquainted, especially since several of the tests are run multiple times to give the device the benefit of the doubt and ensure consistent experience results.

I think it is a very good review, covering all the things one needs to know in the short time they had to do it.
 
BTW, a new firmware/software was released yesterday for OTA. It addresses some of the browser stability issues reported.

Thanks, Jannie. I've added a note at the bottom of the article to say that it's based on the software that the Z10 launched with.
 
Thanks, Jannie. I've added a note at the bottom of the article to say that it's based on the software that the Z10 launched with.

If you go to 'Settings' -> 'About Phone' -> 'OS' the new versions are:

Software: 10.0.10.82
OS: 10.0.10.648

I suspect/hope more software updates come out quickly as the device penetration increases.
 
Having used the phone for a few days unlike fan boys from either side that will start creeping up very soon I can say that I agree with the review.Its a good start from bb,my browser also acted up once or twice(crashed right out once) but the phone was quite nice to use,gestures work very very nicely after a day of use,the hub was pretty convenient and bbm on the z10 looks fantastic.

Nice brief review for once mybb well done.:)

I found myself trying to swipe up on my iphone 5 to go to main menu after using the z10 for a few days:p swipe up is an addictive and easier transition than an actual key after swiping around your phone menu.
 
Last edited:
Having used the phone for a few days unlike fan boys from either side that will start creeping up very soon I can say that I agree with the review.Its a good start from bb,my browser also acted up once or twice(crashed right out once) but the phone was quite nice to use,gestures work very very nicely after a day of use,the hub was pretty convenient and bbm on the z10 looks fantastic.

Nice brief review for once mybb well done.:)

I found myself trying to swipe up on my iphone 5 to go to main menu after using the z10 for a few days:p swipe up is an addictive and easier transition than and actual key after swiping around your phone menu.

Same thing happened to me. :)

I originally lamented the lack of a home button on the Z10, but using an iPhone or S3, I keep on trying to swipe up. Turns out it's as or more intuitive.
 
But can it play crysis? :p

I played with one for a brief moment and I think I will stick with my iPhone 5 for now. :)
 
Having used the Z10 nonstop in production for a few weeks now, I find the review to be spot on, both in good and bad.

BTW, a new firmware/software was released yesterday for OTA. It addresses some of the browser stability issues reported.

Thats good to hear,the browser did frustrate me a bit.Has the update helped with battery life?

I know when the 9900 first launched battery life was terrible but an update sorted it out properly.
 
Thats good to hear,the browser did frustrate me a bit.Has the update helped with battery life?

I know when the 9900 first launched battery life was terrible but an update sorted it out properly.

Will test but, must say, I get comfortably more than a full day from my Z10 so have not really noticed a battery issue. Definitely better than the 920.
 
Will test but, must say, I get comfortably more than a full day from my Z10 so have not really noticed a battery issue. Definitely better than the 920.

Yes theres no battery issue for me but then again I use the phone on 3g mode only so comfortably get over 1 1/2 to 2 days on medium usage but was just wondering if its been improved since the 9900 update brought such a dramatic increase in its early days with an optimized software.
 
That 9900 problem was quite severe.

Battery life fixes seems to be in nearly every phone OS update that comes out.
 
I love the Z10. I am on the latest Vodacom update and the battery life has definitely improved: I get a day and a half to two days of full use. I switch between 3G only and Wifi.

My SO is more of a power user and constantly talking on his, and with the update he now gets a full day of use out of one charge.
 
Klink soos 'n "pebkac" probleem. Ek het al selfde probleme gesien om ander fone ook en dit is ALTYD die stupid foon se skuld!

Ek stem saam!

I have so many people running into my office blaming the "@#$% phone" when it is user error.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X