British series, mini-series and dramas .....

O nice, so in short: Instead of putting in the SA IPs you put in the IP of the region you want on the device.

This is if I understood it correctly. Will check it at home tonight.
Basically. In my case I'm setting the Roku my wife so it's locked into a UK non-dynamo address (176.58.107.53) which lets her watch her UK Netflix then I'll have the SA dynamo IPs set in the router for everything else.
 
I started watching Southcliff. Not really a series as it only has 4 episodes. Still pretty damn good.

Wiki
**Slight spoiler in the link**
 
An old series, But I only discovered it last month, absolutely enjoying it...... reminds me of my roots......

View attachment 197712

Not so old. And without a doubt the funniest sit com ever. I watch an episode or two every month even though I've seen them all 100 times.

And a new series is on the cards BTW Morty :)

Edit: oh, and I'm sure I mentioned it to you some time ago....
 
Not so old. And without a doubt the funniest sit com ever. I watch an episode or two every month even though I've seen them all 100 times.

And a new series is on the cards BTW Morty :)

Edit: oh, and I'm sure I mentioned it to you some time ago....

Aye you did, but that was back in the days when I was always on the piss.......

Also downloaded/sourced me the series Chewin' the Fat, which was the series that spun off Still Game!

Watching the series, I was amazed at how many of those Glaswegian words and phrases I knew and that was what I learnt from my folks when they were still alive.....

The English HO cannot understand why I keep laughing when I watch it...... brilliant stuff!

I tried Google Earthing Craiglang, only to find out that it is a fictitious place..... :o
 
Aye you did, but that was back in the days when I was always on the piss.......

Also downloaded/sourced me the series Chewin' the Fat, which was the series that spun off Still Game!

Watching the series, I was amazed at how many of those Glaswegian words and phrases I knew and that was what I learnt from my folks when they were still alive.....

The English HO cannot understand why I keep laughing when I watch it...... brilliant stuff!

I tried Google Earthing Craiglang, only to find out that it is a fictitious place..... :o

It is indeed. But it's a typical Glasgow suburb and although it was shown in the whole of the UK after the second season, I think it's only us Jocks that fully 'get' it.

But yeah, legendary stuff and if you come down my way, I'll lend you them all as I've got the box sets of Chewin the Fat (4 series) and all 6 series of SG on dvd :D
 
It is indeed. But it's a typical Glasgow suburb and although it was shown in the whole of the UK after the second season, I think it's only us Jocks that fully 'get' it.

But yeah, legendary stuff and if you come down my way, I'll lend you them all as I've got the box sets of Chewin the Fat (4 series) and all 6 series of SG on dvd :D
Thanks for the offer, but I have all the stuff on the PC these days,

I inherited all my dad's Video collections (Yep! Video , my dad did'nt do DVD's) when he passed, All the Scotch & Wry, The Steamie and Rab C..... I don't think he knew about Still Game, sad that , as he would have enjoyed it.....

After watching Season 1 of Still Game, I phoned my uncle in Glasgow, he lives in one of those towers in the west of the city..... we discussed the series in depth, he also rated it as one of the top one's he seen!
 
While not really a tv series I would recommend Ricky Gervais, Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington's XFM radio show they started back in 2001. It lasted 4 seasons and is one of the greatest pieces of comedy you will ever hear.

The radio show was done before their podcast I really think it is miles ahead of the podcast with it's humour. No scripts or rehearsals, just three friends talking and occasionally arguing for an hour about complete rubbish. I started listening to it about 7 years ago and listening to it now I still laugh through every episode.

Sadly I see the torrent with all the seasons died a few years ago, so I'm not too sure where one would find a place to download it. (Glad I got it while I could) Someone did upload a crap load of the episodes on Youtube... taster below:


[video=youtube;hikVQQC6k0s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hikVQQC6k0s[/video]
 
well....
not sure how to put this, and weird as it may sound...I've been living in London almost 20 years now, and almost every single title in this thread is a brand new thing to me..never heard o0f any of these.

Guess I need to get on benefits so I can afford Sky.
 
well....
not sure how to put this, and weird as it may sound...I've been living in London almost 20 years now, and almost every single title in this thread is a brand new thing to me..never heard o0f any of these.

Guess I need to get on benefits so I can afford Sky.

You do know you can just go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer and watch a lot of them for free :D
 
Haven't seen it mentioned yet but it seems a new series of DCI Banks, season 5, started on ITV on March 4:

The first of three paired episodes starts with Banks’s investigation into the murder of a young woman who’d apparently been buried alive.
 
Haven't seen it mentioned yet but it seems a new series of DCI Banks, season 5, started on ITV on March 4:

DCI Banks is back.

The following - based on the first episode - has potential: "In and Out of the Kitchen"
 
Couple of period dramas that the wife and I have started watching are Poldark and Banished.
Both are on the BBC.

Poldark: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02jslnf
Poldark returns from the American War of Independence to his beloved Cornwall to find his world in ruins: his father dead, his house wrecked and his sweetheart engaged.

Banished: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02jfvpn
Banished is a story of survival set in the stark historical reality of the founding of the penal colony in Australia in 1788.

And if that kind of drama isn't your cup of tea, you could always watch the new series of Masterchef UK which also is showing on BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006t1k5
 
It's great. A bit confusing initially and not for those who don't like slow dramas ( like most British stuff ).

Seems like it's right up my alley :)

Busy getting Mammon in the meantime.

Any idea when Bron S3 is gonna screen, heard they started filming in end 2014?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X