British series, mini-series and dramas .....

If you are using VLC it will download the sub-titles using the "VLsub" extension

What do you mean by " If you are using VLC" ?

Are you saying that if I download the episode that only has Dutch subs, and then play it with VLC, then VLC will download the subs? I seriously doubt that. VLC only uses the subs if they are the same downloaded folder or if they are hard coded.
 
What do you mean by " If you are using VLC" ?

Are you saying that if I download the episode that only has Dutch subs, and then play it with VLC, then VLC will download the subs? I seriously doubt that. VLC only uses the subs if they are the same downloaded folder or if they are hard coded.

  1. Add the VLSub extension to VLC.
  2. Load the episode.
  3. Menu > View > Download Subtitles
  4. Dialogue will open etc.
 
  1. Add the VLSub extension to VLC.
  2. Load the episode.
  3. Menu > View > Download Subtitles
  4. Dialogue will open etc.

OK I tried this. But I'm not sure if the VLSub extension works or not?
When I play just any old episode with VLC and I go to the View menu it doesn't show a Download Subtitles option.
Right at the bottom of the dropdown it does show a VLsub 0.9.10 tab.
When I click on that it seemingly runs what looks like a command prompt window that quickly appears and disappears again...

Will this only work with a foreign language episode?
 
This is the British series thread.
It's available on UK TV series torrent sites so I guess some channel is showing it.

btw it's not a bad series if you like period crime al'a Mrs Marples but with a "flapper" girl dectective.
 
It's available on UK TV series torrent sites so I guess some channel is showing it.

btw it's not a bad series if you like period crime al'a Mrs Marples but with a "flapper" girl dectective.

I meant that you need to post it in the Series thread, not this one.
 
Just realized I'm completely out of things to watch now that I'm up to date on all the Marvel series except Agent Carter and Agents of Shield. Started loading up on British tv. Castles in the Sky, The Widower, Marvellous, The Honourable Woman, Fortitude and Indian Summers look good. Recommendations?
 
Just realized I'm completely out of things to watch now that I'm up to date on all the Marvel series except Agent Carter and Agents of Shield. Started loading up on British tv. Castles in the Sky, The Widower, Marvellous, The Honourable Woman, Fortitude and Indian Summers look good. Recommendations?

Home Fires - WW 2 period drama
Safe House
No Offence
W1A
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X