British series, mini-series and dramas .....

I saw a trailer for this new series starting on BBC tonight from the creator of Luther. The trailer looks great so this should be one to watch.

Hard Sun. Crime, Drama, Sci-fi - Two detectives with opposing viewpoints are forced to work together in a pre-apocalyptic criminal world.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6402362/
 
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...rt-a-house-through-time-transformation-street

Britannia

Mackenzie Crook is a long way from Detectorists here. But this loopy Jez Butterworth drama series also burrows away at British identity, tapping into something thatis arguably more telling than literal history: a hideous, beautiful, berserk Albion that underpins our sense of self to this day. It is AD43, and Britain is a land of filth and visions; arcane rituals and earthy ultraviolence. The invading Romans have no idea what they are getting themselves into. Brilliantly demented.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5932548/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

Starring David Morrissey and additional eye candy bonus from Kelly Reilly.
 

Watched the first episode last night. Not sure what to make of it. Lots of mysticism and also a lot of use of camera "tricks"...a lot of the times half the picture or half of someone's face is out of focus for some or other reason. It's weird and irritating.
Like they are trying to create some strange and dreamy landscape/imagery?

I don't think I'll get further than E2 though...just a hunch I have.
 
Watched the first episode last night. Not sure what to make of it. Lots of mysticism and also a lot of use of camera "tricks"...a lot of the times half the picture or half of someone's face is out of focus for some or other reason. It's weird and irritating.
Like they are trying to create some strange and dreamy landscape/imagery?

I don't think I'll get further than E2 though...just a hunch I have.

I think I'm going to stick with it - not sure exactly what the genre is yet but it's just something different and Kelly Reilly is too scrumptious to miss.
 
Watched the first episode last night. Not sure what to make of it. Lots of mysticism and also a lot of use of camera "tricks"...a lot of the times half the picture or half of someone's face is out of focus for some or other reason. It's weird and irritating.
Like they are trying to create some strange and dreamy landscape/imagery?

I don't think I'll get further than E2 though...just a hunch I have.

I got as far as IMDB :D I'm out. Moar Zombies.
 
Season 3 of Two Doors Down is coming soon. If you haven't seen the first two, I'd recommend it as a fun comedy in the mould of My Family but with a bit of swearing etc. Pretty poor scores on IMDb but I think it's hilarious and well worth a watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5603868/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Excellent news! Did you catch the Christmas special? It was pretty good.
 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6464458/

A haunting exploration of the mind of Sam, a teenager who's on the verge of acting out hidden psychopathic desires.

MV5BOGNjODI0NmQtNWUyMS00OWZiLTllYjItNjIwYjJlOWIzOTA5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,703,1000_AL_.jpg


Psychopathy as only the Brits can do it.
 
Watched the first episode of Collateral, a new 4 part police murder type thing from the BBC. Really enjoyed it, available on iPlayer if you have a vpn etc.
 
Shakespeare And Hathaway Private Investigators

An oddball couple of private detectives named Luella Shakespeare and Frank Hathaway investigate crime in Stratford-upon-Avon.

Light, fun, entertaining.

Seems to be one released every day.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X