British series, mini-series and dramas .....

Busy watching re-runs of Only Fools and Horses, Green Green Grass and Men Behaving Badly. Nothing new from the UK at the moment except for Brexit chaos.

Toss in Ab-Fab, Black Adder, Fawlty Towers. Open all Hours, In Sickness and in Health and you have some of the very best Brit comedies that I doubt will ever be bettered.

Upstart Crow felt like a tribute to those days but most of those older comedies would have the pc brigade frothing at the mouth.

How tf do you have a comedy that is not allowed to poke fun.
 
Toss in Ab-Fab, Black Adder, Fawlty Towers. Open all Hours, In Sickness and in Health and you have some of the very best Brit comedies that I doubt will ever be bettered.

Upstart Crow felt like a tribute to those days but most of those older comedies would have the pc brigade frothing at the mouth.

How tf do you have a comedy that is not allowed to poke fun.

I’m doing a rerun of Father Ted at the moment. Also brilliantly funny.
 
I’m doing a rerun of Father Ted at the moment. Also brilliantly funny.

Also...

The Office
Monty Python
Red Dwarf
Brittas Empire
Knowing Me, Knowing You
IT Crowd
Men Behaving Badly
The Thin Blue Line

And newer series:

Fleabag
Catastrophe
Derry Girls
Peter Kay's Car Share
 
Also...

The Office
Monty Python
Red Dwarf
Brittas Empire
Knowing Me, Knowing You
IT Crowd
Men Behaving Badly
The Thin Blue Line

And newer series:

Fleabag
Catastrophe
Derry Girls
Peter Kay's Car Share

There are a few crackers in there including half a dozen personal favourites. Ive seen them all except Catastrophe but will check it out.

I’ve just been through the IT crowd again recently, this time with my 13 year old son who loved it. It’s ageless.
 
Just the poster scared me. (the one with the ship?)

Yes. I'm enjoying.

I was surprised to find out that S01 is "based on a true story" and ....

In 1845, two ships under the command of Captain John Franklin set sail from Britain on a mission of exploration. Three years later, both disappeared in the Arctic. None of the 129 men on that expedition came back, and the battered wrecks of the HMS Erebus and HMS Terror were found in 2014 and 2016, respectively. Quite how Franklin and his crew died remains a mystery.
 
I enjoyed it very much.

Regarding Living and the Dead. Watched first episode. Was good. Will continue.
Funny thing is, I know I've seen the lead actress before but looking at her filmography I do not know where from :confused:
Ah never mind, must be Line of Duty.
 
Finished Glue. Turned out to be one of the better series I've watched in a while. A decent "who did it?". Some really good young actors (well they were 5 years younger then).

710317
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X