Bulls rock Thread

Devill

Damned
Ja, I was also thinking this when I realised the best we can finish is 3rd unless:
* somehow the cheaters don't get a bonus against leopards (highly unlikely)
* we beat the griquas by more than 50 pts plus whatever the cheaters PD will be against leopards (even more unlikely)

No matter - like D3x says no pt in getting all worked up. Last year, we finished the season 3rd. Tank on Sport24 (don't really enjoy his comments but...) says we're the semifinal to avoid.
Leopards v Cheetahs; Cheetahs take 5 point
Lions v Pumas; Lions take 5 points
Griquas v Bulls; Bulls take 5 points
WP v Sharks; Sharks take 4 points, WP takes 1 point

1 Sharks 52 (56)
2 Western Province 44 (45)
3 Cheetahs 42 (47)
4 Blue Bulls 42 (47)

So sharks vs WP in Durban
Cheetahs vs Bulls in Bloemfontein

Thus WP vs Bulls at loftus for the cup :p:D

Venomous

Honorary Master
Leopards v Cheetahs; Cheetahs take 5 point
Lions v Pumas; Lions take 5 points
Griquas v Bulls; Bulls take 5 points
WP v Sharks; Sharks take 4 points, WP takes 1 point

1 Sharks 52 (56)
2 Western Province 44 (45)
3 Cheetahs 42 (47)
4 Blue Bulls 42 (47)

So sharks vs WP in Durban
Cheetahs vs Bulls in Bloemfontein

Thus WP vs Bulls at loftus for the cup :p:D
Or Sharks vs Cheetahs at ABSA Stadium with plenty of rest time for the Boks before their game against Ireland. :twisted::D:whistling:

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Placement is out of our hands! We would have to score two points minute to overtake FS on PD so being realistic, as I see they are on the BULLS site, the best we can do is 3rd on the log. But securing that position is out of our hands. The worst we could do is 4th, which means we don't even have to show up today. So we have no home semi - not going to happen. And we will face either Sharks or Cheetahs in a semi, at their home ground.

I have thought a bit about it - I'd rather face the sharks in the semi. Two reasons: one, the missus has forbidden distant travel on the weekend of 30 October, meaning I won't be able to go to the tank for a Sharks-BULLS final. I really do enjoy Sharks-BULLS games more than others ( The North-South rivalry has, for me, moved away from WP. WP is in fact no contest.) and this way I ca see it at the stadium. Two, no matter which route we take to a successful defense, the road will be hard. I think get the heavies out the way first and then deal with whichever of the WP/FS manages to win the other semi in a quick, eventless final.

MickeyD

RIP
If the Bulls beat the Sharks in SF1, do the Bulls get the final at Loftus?

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
If the Bulls beat the Sharks in SF1, do the Bulls get the final at Loftus?
No. 4th place never gets a home final. If we face Sharks in SF, it means we are 4th on log.

Last year, we (3rd) beat WP (2nd) by 1 and Cheetahs (4th) did sharks (1st) by 2. So final was 3rd vs 4th, at 3rd's home. The only way we can get a home final is if a similar incident occurs, and specifically:

(1) We must beat Gq and WP must lose to Sharks today, either with us getting 4-try bonus or WP not getting both bonus pts.
THEN
(2) We must beat Cheetahs in Bloem SF
THEN
(3) WP must beat Sharks in Durban SF.

That #3 is the true challenge. If WP falls to sharks today, they will find it that much more difficult to beat them next week, when the sharks have home advantage. The only way the final will not be in Durban is if we beat them in a semi. Then, it will be in Bloem or WP. I just don't see WP being able to beat them in a semi if they lose at home the week before.

Devill

Damned
Good to see Steggies and spies back...

We were missing an above average fetcher.

Sharks fan

Good to see Steggies and spies back...

We were missing an above average fetcher.
Spies has been far below average this season... As for Stegman, he gets a yellow every time he is on the field, dont know why it's good to have them back

Sharks fan

Oh yeah, when the boks loose, the only player on the pitch who looks worst than Habbana is Spies. Lets be honest, maybe he has lost his touch?

Devill

Damned
Spies has been far below average this season... As for Stegman, he gets a yellow every time he is on the field, dont know why it's good to have them back
Erm :confused:
Sub par Spies > Normal Kanko

Stegman has also been the only other SA flanker (Well in the world for that matter) to have tamed Brussouw. Stegman is a fetcher, he will obviously give away more penalties than the average player as his work is to toe the line...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deon_Stegmann
He made the number 6 jersey his own in 2008 after playing in every Super 14 match and being awarded Bulls Forward of the Year in 2008.
Because the bulls have such bad forwards they had to give it to the "best" of the worste ..... Think before you speak.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Sorry fellas. The tank was possibly too full of water (and bees) for the bulls? :)

At least you've still got your S14 trophy ;)