Burger King Review

will you be providing a pic of the green poop as well?

False alarm I'm afraid, so no pics :p

Possibly due to the donner kebab I had on my way home from last night's match?
 
Two of the four times I've tried BK were crap. I've tried twice at Cavendish Square and they were good. The other two times were in Long Street and Tableview. Besides the dirty tables, floor and poor food, the Long street branch even had the gumption to try and pass off my friend's vanilla milkshake as a strawberry milkshake.

Visited the tableview branch yesterday. The shop was clean and the service was great, but the burgers were crap. We ordered the whopper and long chilli cheese burgers. Tasted gummy and rubbery (can't think of any other way to describe it) and kept sticking to the roof of my mouth. Only ate about a quarter of it and had to discard the rest. Some of the chips still had green fried skins and little black spots on them. Not stepping foot into a BK for the foreseeable future.
 
Two of the four times I've tried BK were crap. I've tried twice at Cavendish Square and they were good. The other two times were in Long Street and Tableview. Besides the dirty tables, floor and poor food, the Long street branch even had the gumption to try and pass off my friend's vanilla milkshake as a strawberry milkshake.

Visited the tableview branch yesterday. The shop was clean and the service was great, but the burgers were crap. We ordered the whopper and long chilli cheese burgers. Tasted gummy and rubbery (can't think of any other way to describe it) and kept sticking to the roof of my mouth. Only ate about a quarter of it and had to discard the rest. Some of the chips still had green fried skins and little black spots on them. Not stepping foot into a BK for the foreseeable future.

:sick:
 
Two of the four times I've tried BK were crap. I've tried twice at Cavendish Square and they were good. The other two times were in Long Street and Tableview. Besides the dirty tables, floor and poor food, the Long street branch even had the gumption to try and pass off my friend's vanilla milkshake as a strawberry milkshake.

Visited the tableview branch yesterday. The shop was clean and the service was great, but the burgers were crap. We ordered the whopper and long chilli cheese burgers. Tasted gummy and rubbery (can't think of any other way to describe it) and kept sticking to the roof of my mouth. Only ate about a quarter of it and had to discard the rest. Some of the chips still had green fried skins and little black spots on them. Not stepping foot into a BK for the foreseeable future.

Why didn't you complain?
 
If you still got your receipt you can lodge a complaint on the website.

One time they messed my order up and gave me a standard wopper instead of a fierce whopper,

Called me next day, and came me a voucher for twice my order.

The BK in Table View must have about a 30% failure rate for getting orders right at the drive-through. I've been given the wrong orders on multiple occasions, I always do check though before driving off (and sometimes it's quite obvious when you order a single burger and they hand you two full bags of burgers that could feed a family of six).
 
Why didn't you complain?

Because my friend told me he had worked in a restaurant before and someone would end up losing their job if we complained. I did complete their online survey on the food and service later on. However, like the first time I did, I never received a response. Although thinking back now, I don't recall them asking for my contact details on the survey.
 
Because my friend told me he had worked in a restaurant before and someone would end up losing their job if we complained. I did complete their online survey on the food and service later on. However, like the first time I did, I never received a response. Although thinking back now, I don't recall them asking for my contact details on the survey.

I think your poor experience deserved to be addressed right there and then. It sounded horrible. Needs to be sorted out. The owner should know the damage those workers are doing to his business.
 
Because my friend told me he had worked in a restaurant before and someone would end up losing their job if we complained. I did complete their online survey on the food and service later on. However, like the first time I did, I never received a response. Although thinking back now, I don't recall them asking for my contact details on the survey.

So you eat at restaurants to keep people employed?
 
I think your poor experience deserved to be addressed right there and then. It sounded horrible. Needs to be sorted out. The owner should know the damage those workers are doing to his business.

The owner from the Tableview branch gave me a call after I logged a complaint on their website. He apologized and asked me to let him or any of his managers know when next I'm in town, so they can change my experience to a positive one. He offered to replace our meal free of charge. But I'm not really sure I want to go back. I keep thinking back to the texture of that burger in my mouth :sick:

So you eat at restaurants to keep people employed?
Lol no. But you won't disagree that we do have the power as customers to get someone fired. Anyway I was feeling particularly amenable that day, so I didn't insist.
 
Lol no. But you won't disagree that we do have the power as customers to get someone fired. Anyway I was feeling particularly amenable that day, so I didn't insist.

you do know its a long process to get some one fired? check labour law you would need like 3 written warnings before they start disciplinary proceeding, so your complaint can lead to a person getting a warning but being fired thats on him and his boss.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X