oscarlets

Hi
I have a business that I think is meeting targets but I want expand my horizon and start doing business with other well established businesses the problem is the *BEE certificate,I hear its advisable to have a female equity partner so I can be seen to be empowering,how can I empower when I am still not empowered? currently I have employed 5 people (youth) on full time and 2 casuals,total employment is 7. Five females (2 casuals) and 2 males I am the sole director.

My question is based on these set up,how will my BEE certificate look? Will I also benefit from preferential procurement & economic development as stipulated in the B-BBEE requirements for big businesses since I am black and have majority female workforce? What chances will I get to get a business from this large business I am intending sending business proposals to?

I am troubled by equity I can't just give people part of my company for nothing,and I am struggling to get a business partner who shares my view on business,I want to keep making decisions for my business,that is control the business and hand it to my children in future,how to get a good BEE without shifting power in my business? What would you recommend?

mass09

Expert Member
If your revenue is under R5,000,000 per annum you would qualify as an Exempt Micro Enterprise and automatically receive a Level 4 rating. Which is good.

oscarlets

Thank you mass09,I make way less than R5m so I will apply for BEE certificate using my current set up.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Wow, OP I don't want to sound condescending, but how could you possibly overlook the fact that you qualify as an EME? Not only that, your female workforce helps your BBE rating out even more! :wtf: