Buying Cluster Home Vs a Complex

marine1

Honorary Master
Complexes are a load of absolute crap, been living in them for years, people have zero respect for their neighbours whatsoever.
People are noisy, dirty, drunk, the list goes on and on

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Just a quick one - is it not illegal for the HOA or BC to deny anyone access to solar technology? Am interested in buying full title house in security estate rather than complex and I damn straight won't have a suit-wannabe tell me we aren't allowed to invest in off grid tech.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
How are cluster homes more secure then a normal home? In fact even a complex isn't secure, I've seen more people robbed in complexes then in normal ones. In fact my old unit I sold the guy was shot not 6 months after he bought it.
Complexes are a false sense of security and actually become easier marks for would be criminals because of the closeness of units. Don't think that gives any benefit either as your neighbour generally won't react.
If you live in a complex, don't suddenly feel that it's safer and leave windows/doors open.

Venomous

Honorary Master
Just a quick one - is it not illegal for the HOA or BC to deny anyone access to solar technology? Am interested in buying full title house in security estate rather than complex and I damn straight won't have a suit-wannabe tell me we aren't allowed to invest in off grid tech.
Solar policies are decided on and voted in at AGMs. Trustees/agents of BCs simply administer the rules, so if its in the rules you have to comply.

Best suggestion: ask about the solar policy for said complex/estate/HoA/etc.
Then decide.

Solar panels are often declined in high density buildings like flats or ajoined buildings. All of which are normally sectional title. For amongst the many a few reasons, due to limited roof space who gets roof space for panels and who goes without.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Solar policies are decided on and voted in at AGMs. Trustees/agents of BCs simply administer the rules, so if its in the rules you have to comply.

Best suggestion: ask about the solar policy for said complex/estate/HoA/etc.
Then decide.

Solar panels are often declined in high density buildings like flats or ajoined buildings. All of which are normally sectional title. For amongst the many a few reasons, due to limited roof space who gets roof space for panels and who goes without.
Thanks for the reply. Agreed on the high density and I can understand sec-title units to fall under the same rules but with full title home in estate these rules can/must be adjusted?

Venomous

Honorary Master
Thanks for the reply. Agreed on the high density and I can understand sec-title units to fall under the same rules but with full title home in estate these rules can/must be adjusted?
Rules are agreed on and ratified at AGMs where most are present(does not happen easily). These rules are then lodged at the deeds office, so the only way to change them again is with an AGM where most are present and again at the expense of ratifying and submitting to deeds office.

And that is why BCs are not keen on changing rules. So while not an outright law the people of the communal living area have agreed to those rules, and they must be adhered to.

So best to make sure the place you buy is in a place where the rules permit solar so you don't have to fight them on something that was legally agreed on and written into place.

Venomous

Honorary Master
That's unbelievable!

I have to leave the house for drugs and sex. :crying:
Trust me it's true.
Happened where I lived before.
Took us 6 months to convince the cops. But once the cops listened they were out quickly.

You should ask around, both those are available for home delivery.
(use to buy and get pure cannibis oil delivered to me for someone who had cancer as it helped her pain a lot more than the drugs the Drs gave).
While those guys did the various medicinal variants only, I've since been told that other hard stuff can also be delivered, but I do not want those.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
generally complexes are not necessarily safer, i am really not sure why people still have this perception, i think people feel safer sure, but they really aren't, and that apathy generally makes it worse

144Vuma

So now i have bought myself a full title cluster home. Does anyone know what i can expect to pay for homeowners insurance (building)? Its a home worth R1.7m

Lupus

Honorary Master
So now i have bought myself a full title cluster home. Does anyone know what i can expect to pay for homeowners insurance (building)? Its a home worth R1.7m
R400 to R600 depending on risk and excess.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
A average rate for std construction is about, 210% on value p.a /12 for monthly.
Please don't take bank insurance they're k@k as are the newer ones and direct insurers.

Polly101

Expert Member
easy enough to phone one of the insurers