Can I add Rain's uncapped addon after sim delivery?

Customer1

I signed up for Rain mobile yesterday and, ordered 3 sim cards. I only added the uncapped option to one sim card, since I only need one sim card to have this option right now. (It's for the parents to be able to watch the odd youtube video and do general browsing without having to worry about being capped)

At the moment the dashboard is empty and only shows the delivery status. So my question is, will I be able to add the uncapped option to my other two sim cards later (after activation) or is it done pre-delivery only? I'm only asking, because I found it unconventional to specify the uncapped option before delivery and it kind of gave me the impression it's a once off, yay or nay tickbox.

iCuSD

With his question will the uncapped option be pro rata if he takes it during the month?

Kosmik

Honorary Master
In another Rain thread he couldn't add uncapped until the next month.
Yep that was me. Tried to add on 1st and they said no sorry, only next month. So stupid, they'd rather get no cash this month and piss a customer off.

Customer1

Yep that was me. Tried to add on 1st and they said no sorry, only next month. So stupid, they'd rather get no cash this month and piss a customer off.
That's rather disappointing. So if I want to try out the addon it would be best to load it the last day of the current month in order to start the next month?

StoneCold

Expert Member
That's rather disappointing. So if I want to try out the addon it would be best to load it the last day of the current month in order to start the next month?
If I'm not mistaken, that's what Kosmik did and got told only from 1 September. If you wait until month end you could only have it added on 1 Oct. Rather try and add it now and hope you're in luck. Best would however, is to ask them on Twitter or try their fairly clueless online support chat.

ashley3

Mini-Bump:

So I added the unlimited off-peak today and is effective from 1st of October.
This is after I stopped using my sim after the first 15 days free in August.

mercury12

Expert Member
Thanks. Is it possible to add the uncapped data on a month to month basis, similar to prepaid?

Edit: How long do the sims take to get delivered?

Last edited: