Cannot stop content services

Is there anyone from MTN on here who can help me to stop a content service charge on my account? After three days, three calls, and numerous emails, no one from the MTN customer service seem to be able to help me.

I have a MTN data contract and from the 1st of June I've been billed R4.35 (excl Vat) on a daily basis. I've tried all the ussd numbers (*136*5#, *464*970#, *156*12#, *123*10#) and according to all of them I'm not subscribed to any services. According to the first consultant I spoke to I was subscribed to a service which she cancelled, but I am still billed. The second consulted said I'm subscribed to an 'airtime' subscription but that she could not cancel it (I had to sms stop to 00442), but it did not work. The third consultant said that I'm not subscribed to any service according to their system, and she escalated the matter to a different department. The other consultants also escalated the matter to different departments - and according to those departments the matter has been resolved.

Bear in mind this is a data contract so the sim card is in my router, I haven't sent any smsses or made any calls, and haven't received any either. So I did not subscribe to anything. Yet I'm still billed on a daily basis - which will amount to an additional R150 per month on my contract price. The interesting thing is that this 'charge' is from an MTN number, yet they cannot determine who the content service provided is, nor can they stop the charge.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and can anyone help me to stop this please?

A screenshot of whats happening on my account...

1559907771314.png

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Wow. That’s bad, can’t help you bud, but as a Vodacom customer I noticed 2 of these things on my account when I was playing about with the voda app. R7 a day each. Checked my wife’s account, 2 there also, one the same one different. I’d urge everyone to check their lines because these are real sneaky fsckers.

Hope you get it sorted.

Wow. That’s bad, can’t help you bud, but as a Vodacom customer I noticed 2 of these things on my account when I was playing about with the voda app. R7 a day each. Checked my wife’s account, 2 there also, one the same one different. I’d urge everyone to check their lines because these are real sneaky fsckers.

Hope you get it sorted.
Thanks man. Yes they really are sneaky and these daily R5 or R7 rands add up at the end of the month. I just wish someone could help me to cancel the subscription. Being a contract I'll only be billed for this at the end of the month, and then it will be an even bigger mission to claim the money back from MTN. So I want to stop it now before it gets out of hand.

ryu

Expert Member
also try:

the ussd code i used was *141*5# and from there you can set your PRS limit to zero and also see what you subscribed to and of course unsubscribe as well.