Can't see ads on MyBB

Techrat

I use uBlock Origin but have this site whitelisted and I just tried disabling it completely as well as disabling all other extensions, I can't see any ads at all on the main news site or forum. I was going to enter one of the giveaways but can't as it requires clicking on an ad, any idea what might be wrong?

I haven't seen any ads on the site in months or even years even though I've had this site whitelisted in uBlock, I just assumed it was something strange with uBlock but as I have disabled it completely and get the same result I'm not so sure now.

Techrat

Yes, I see nothing. No banners at the top, nothing on the sides and none of those square or rectangular ads on the main news page, just empty spaces.

Techrat

What browser?

Have you checked for other extensions?
Chrome. What do you mean checked for other extensions? I mentioned I have tried disabling ALL extensions that I have and the problem persists.

Techrat

Still doesn't work. Added MyBB to allow list in Chrome ad settings and turned the switch to allow. Also tried deleting cookies for MyBB. On all other sites where I have disabled uBlock I have seen ads.

Techrat

Definitely not going to reinstall chrome and start from scratch just for this, sorry MyBB. Tried incognito before and it's the same.

Strangely I just tried Firefox too and it's also the same. Maybe it's related to AV or something, I have recently just changed to using Kaspersky Free and Windows Firewall instead of Avast free and Comodo Firewall, but I still had the same issue when using Avast and Comodo for a long time.

While typing this I had an idea, and yes I have entries in my hosts file, must be that. :facepalm: Thanks for trying to help.

Edit: Just came back and it's working again now.

Last edited: