Cape Town Airport - Motorcycle Parking

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Is there any special bike parking at the airport?

I would like to leave it there over the weekend, Friday - Monday morning and not too keen on paying huge sums of money.

I have seen them parked in P1 by the pick up area, but not sure what the situation is when you leave.

Archer

Honorary Master
Apparently you can park on the ground level, there are around 35 bike parking slots along the fence of the valet parking. The staff who commute by bike park there as well. Not sure if this is the same area you are referring to. Whatever you do though, don't park on tiles - your sidestand applies a lot of pressure in a small area and will crack them. I've been told the guards patrolling are generally willing to point you in the right direction.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Apparently you can park on the ground level, there are around 35 bike parking slots along the fence of the valet parking. The staff who commute by bike park there as well. Not sure if this is the same area you are referring to. Whatever you do though, don't park on tiles - your sidestand applies a lot of pressure in a small area and will crack them. I've been told the guards patrolling are generally willing to point you in the right direction.
Is that in P1, the pick up block or other? I should have gone over the weekend and asked.

Archer

Honorary Master
I think its P2, I'm regurgitating a post off another forum so I'm not sure unfortunately

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Hmmm, I will ask when I am there. Worst case I pay a few hundred bucks.