Car Washes and your keys?

Car wash? I don't even let the dealership wash my car when it is serviced.
Maybe I should insist on the same. Could feel all the wax stripped off after the dealership washed my car the last time. I take my time and do a proper job (it shows, too).
 
When I worked in Stellenbosch, I made use of octo car wash (IIRC) and always handed over my keys. They never had to drive my car anywhere, so it was only required to lock/unlock. Use to drop my car off before work and collect it all clean and sparkly the afternoon.

Haven't handed my keys over anywhere else; just moze around until they are done.

Nope. Keys stay with me. Boot also stays closed - no need to clean in there.

What are you hiding in there?!
 
I'm guessing you are talking about the car wash at the garage type thing where it gets washed by a machine?

A proper car wash you'll have no choice but to give your keys to them...unless you want to stand around and move it for them, which really defeats the purpose of paying someone else to do it.

I go to the Pink Car Wash hand in my keys and point them to the car and then I go have lunch and do shopping. Come back when they SMS me to say it's done.

They even do motorcycles now...but I'm not sure that I'm brave enough for that yet.
 
Most people cant even start my car, not even the Toyota mechanics - so noo.
 
I have used like 4 different car washes around where I live.

Left my keys with them every time. Never had a problem.
 
I'm guessing you are talking about the car wash at the garage type thing where it gets washed by a machine?

A proper car wash you'll have no choice but to give your keys to them...unless you want to stand around and move it for them, which really defeats the purpose of paying someone else to do it.

I go to the Pink Car Wash hand in my keys and point them to the car and then I go have lunch and do shopping. Come back when they SMS me to say it's done.

They even do motorcycles now...but I'm not sure that I'm brave enough for that yet.

Many of us can't afford these so-called proper car washes. I'd rather wash it myself at home than pay R200-300 for a car wash.
 
It baffles me, you hand over the key to your 300k car.. if it gets stolen, insurance won't pay. Guess its up to Darwin.
 
Car wash down the road has an agreement with us, so just phone them they come collect car wash it and return it later in the day.
Never had a problem handing over keys. Lets me carry on with my job.
 
It baffles me, you hand over the key to your 300k car.. if it gets stolen, insurance won't pay.

Agreed. It's very easy for the insurance company to prove negligence on your part. Ask the (car wash and insurance) about their level of customer and vehicle protection before you proceed.
 
:erm:

Go to carwash
Lounge around reading your book, trolling MyBB or whatever, key in your pocket
Move car around when they need it to be moved
Go home with clean car

What am I missing here?

Go to car wash
Go have a beer at the bar next to car wash, key in pocket
Move car when the need it to be moved
Go have a few more beers
Pay car washer R20 to drive me home

Wait... fsck...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X