CAT S60 for R149 p/m???

Hello everyone,

I trust that you all are well,
Quick question here,.
So I was looking at deals on the https://www.vodacom.co.za/ site because I can upgrade my contract in December and wanted to see what I can get. While checking the site I came across a deal on a CAT S60 for R149 per month on their uChoose Flexi 120 contract.
My question is, seeing that I followed their online application process, is it true that they have to give the contract at the advertised price?
The prices set out on this specific deal are as follows,
R29 for the device
R120 for the plan
R0 for a free 5Gb 7 day bundle
for a total of R149...

I included the URL to the deal as well as some of the screenshots that I took.

Kind regards and all the other good stuffs as well...
J JvR

https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/s...cat-s60/red-classic-+/597231?showButtons=true
https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/s...selection?deviceId=6745&salesChannel=Contract

Untitled1.png Untitled2.png Untitled3.png Untitled4.png Untitled5.png

grump_grouch

I think @Jacques. JvR is surprised that the phone is only R29 per month (R696 over a 24 month period) when the cash price for this phone is usually over R10K.

Edit : Vodacom lists the cash price as R16999
vodacom_s60.png

xeslaro

Expert Member
I think @Jacques. JvR is surprised that the phone is only R29 per month (R696 over a 24 month period) when the cash price for this phone is usually over R10K.

Edit : Vodacom lists the cash price as R16999
View attachment 577566
Ok maybe that is it. I didn't realise the were that pricey. @R29pm is a bargain price.

OP: to answer your question.

Fundamentally, a contract of sale constitutes two parts to form an agreement. You offer to purchase and the acceptance of the offer. If, for example, you walk into a shop that mistakenly marked an item for sale, legally, you not entitled to that price. The courts view the advertised price as merely an invitation to do business. The legal obligations and consequences commence at the very moment you make the offer and they accept to constitute the agreement.

You will find that big stores will honour advertising errors, but that decision is rooted in goodwill or reputation.

If, however, stores deliberately advertise items incorrectly as a tactic to solicit trade, well that's a different issue for another discussion.

To answer your question, the moment Vodacom conveyed to you their acceptance of your offer, it becomes legally enforceable.

Edit: I suspect you still waiting to hear the outcome of your application.

Last edited:

marioat1

Expert Member
Couple of months ago they put s9 at R265 per month for 24 months, vodascum bullied ICASA into not honouring any of the applications received even with all confirmation docs, screenshots etc attached.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Delivery of this order may be delayed for up to 6 weeks.
One or more of the devices in this deal is currently out of stock, and we first need to order it for you.

:-(

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Delivery of this order may be delayed for up to 6 weeks.
One or more of the devices in this deal is currently out of stock, and we first need to order it for you.

:-(
Translated

We make a cock up and feel too embarrassed to let everyone know. So we will first use the "out of stock" cop out, followed by "delayed stock". After a few weeks we hope that you will get sick of waiting and select another option. If you are going to wait we will let you know in a few weeks time that we can no longer get that phone, but we do have a newer and more expensive model if you want it.

Wasabee!

Expert Member
Couple of months ago they put s9 at R265 per month for 24 months, vodascum bullied ICASA into not honouring any of the applications received even with all confirmation docs, screenshots etc attached.
ICASA has nothing to do with taking out contracts.

marioat1

Expert Member
Confirmation call this afternoon to confirm delivery address for tomorrow or Thursday, fingers crossed it arrives and doesn't have the dodgy speaker grill.
At least this'll be the backup phone or get sold ASAP