Cell-C Emergency Calls Only

dews

Hi.

Can anyone that also uses Cell C please tell me if they also see this text "Cell C - Emergency Calls only" displayed as a carrier title (Android 8.1)

I would prefer if it just said Cell C, thats it, because currently on the lock screen it keeps scrolling the text.

Is this the new slogan for Cell C, or is it just a issue with my sim card or something? Note i have full signal and no issues with calling or using data.

Thanks

Screenshot_20190211-104001.png

dews

Is your phone dual sim? If so disable the other sim slot in settings.
Yes it is.
If I disable the other SIM and set the CellC SIM to use all 3 settings (mobile data, calls, sms messages) it now displays "Cell C - No Service" which is weird because i can call and use data.
However i normally use the other SIM for data so would not want to disable it.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi.

Can anyone that also uses Cell C please tell me if they also see this text "Cell C - Emergency Calls only" displayed as a carrier title (Android 8.1)

I would prefer if it just said Cell C, thats it, because currently on the lock screen it keeps scrolling the text.

Is this the new slogan for Cell C, or is it just a issue with my sim card or something? Note i have full signal and no issues with calling or using data.

Thanks

Hi dews

When did you start experiencing this problem?

^MP

View attachment 618012

dews

Hi. I have been having this issue since i got the new androidn 8.1 phone. My old phone only displayed the Carrier ID (Cell C) and not the status part as well because its older android (4.0 i think.)

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi. I have been having this issue since i got the new androidn 8.1 phone. My old phone only displayed the Carrier ID (Cell C) and not the status part as well because its older android (4.0 i think.)
Please PM us your Cell C and contact number.

We will look into it.

^NS