Cell C HomeConnecta sim deactivated

Unifi_222

I bought a Home Connecta new Sim Pack at Cell C outlet in Gateway , Umhlanga last month. All was well with the 5GB+ 5GB till I finished using it. I loaded 200 Gb for R389 and it worked for few days and all of a sudden it has just stopped. I rebooted my router and it just showed red light. I took the sim and put it on the phone and it shows no network reception , but I am in a network covered area ( 4G ) . I did this on the other different router and it shows the same thing-so I concluded that the sim has been deactivated.

When I check on my Cell c app ,everything is normal - data for the day is there , Nite data is there - Guys who has experienced this before ? This sim was Rica'ed when i bought it at Cell C . Can anyone help ?

Jake45

Expert Member
I bought a Home Connecta new Sim Pack at Cell C outlet in Gateway , Umhlanga last month. All was well with the 5GB+ 5GB till I finished using it. I loaded 200 Gb for R389 and it worked for few days and all of a sudden it has just stopped. I rebooted my router and it just showed red light. I took the sim and put it on the phone and it shows no network reception , but I am in a network covered area ( 4G ) . I did this on the other different router and it shows the same thing-so I concluded that the sim has been deactivated.

When I check on my Cell c app ,everything is normal - data for the day is there , Nite data is there - Guys who has experienced this before ? This sim was Rica'ed when i bought it at Cell C . Can anyone help ?
I bought and Rica'd an All-In-One SIM for R4 from Checkers which I converted to the Home Connecta Flexi tariff and loaded the 5+5GB bundle. I recently loaded the R199 50+50GB bundle and the new bundle has been working since the 2nd June. I think the customers who are using the SIM cards bought directly from Cell C appear to be having these type of disconnection problems.

If you load your airtime first onto a different SIM on the All-In-One tariff and then transfer it across to the Home Connecta Flexi SIM, you should be able to score an additional 8GB of free data and 7200 CC to CC minutes on the AIO SIM. You would need to do 8XR50 recharges to collect the full amount.

I scored an additional 3.24GB with 3XR50 and 2XR25 recharges. All-In-One-1.png

Last edited:

eg2505

Honorary Master
mine still working, maybe its just isolated people?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Good day

Are you still unable to connect to the internet? If so, please PM us your home address, the number in question and your contact number.

^SM

Unifi_222

Hi
i went to Cell C shop at Gateway and was told that my sim card was damaged. Now what i didn't tell you in my previous post is that I had 2 sim cards- one which i was using for internet since last year. - (normal 4G connection) and the other was for the new Homeconnecta- at Cell C they said i need 2 new Sims. So what's interesting is that both of these sims went offline. I woke up in the morning and the router was showing a red light - as I stated in the previous thread. So when i put in the second sim (the old one ) ,still red light . Well I checked the 2 sims on a different router ,same thing. Then I checked them on my spare phone ,both were not showing any network reception.

I took them to Cell C outlet and was told both were damaged and unusable !!! That was shocking indeed as I do have an old Rain sim which is still working fine , Vodacom sim still fine , Telkom still fine and the routers I am using are - Huawei LTE B316-932 and TPLink - AC 1200 (both purchased last year) . Today I was given 2 new sims and both are working fine now.

What damaged the 'old sims' ? Is the coating on the sim given by Cell C so thin as compared to other ISP's ? I don't take sims in and out of my routers - even when I recharge I do it using the app. But the sim was in the router the whole night and there was no thunderstorm ,which I would think should have damaged the router -but it is the sim which was isolated ....What do you think ?

Unifi_222

Good day

Are you still unable to connect to the internet? If so, please PM us your home address, the number in question and your contact number.

^SM
Thank you - I went to Cell C Gateway and they did a sim swap - now they are working ( as for now )

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
We're glad to hear that. Thank you for the update.

^NT