Cell C wifi calling

Brentb69

Hi There,

Does wifi calling with Cell C still exist? I am trying to activate this on my iPhone 6 but it is saying that my device is not compatible. But it is clearly on the list of devices that are compatible. I have been in store and also spoken to someone over the phone and there knowledge on Wifi calling is very limited. I have downloaded the app, but the enable and disable feature is blanked out. Does anyone have any suggestions. Could it be my wifi network causing this.

Thanks

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Brentb69

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please PM us your Cell C + an alternative contact number. We will look into it and advise.

^NT

richjdavies

Dont do that @Cell_C .... Cant you tell us the status /.solution in public.

Im interested in the status of wifi calling too... The list of devices on the website doesnt seem to change much from year to year. Is it being expanded or not?

chrisc

Executive Member
Can you access a website?
Just checked mine again and its fine....
My WiFi is channel 36 on 5Ghz
Maybe you have a blocked/closed port

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Cellc wifi calling works on all the Samsung phones that support wifi calling from s6 I believe. Works fine on my S8 and S10.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Huawei P30 Pro here, wifi calling was working for many months, then stopped all of a sudden.

Cell C said my phone is not compatible because it has the Vodacom firmware on it.

But it was working, it would seem cell c have disabled all phones that have other networks firmware loaded.

whatwhat

Executive Member
It works, it's how I use my SA number while I live overseas.

However from time to time it does stop working, and then I need to call their customer support to enable it again.

Brentb69

This service doesn't even work, tried on multiple phones and even the technician don't know how it works and even know how to get it to work!! I heard from another source that it works when it wants to work and because of all the problems Cell C have had with the technology it is not well supported from there side. So if it works for you, you are one of the lucky ones.