Cell C wifi router roaming

I took out a data contract at Cell C and received a router with it. Also using another smaller dongle for travel. Where I live the Cell C network is bad and I have to roam on Vodacom, but I can’t get the router to roam. I need to use an old phone to roam but want to use the router instead. If there is no Cell C tower nearby it will roam, no problem, but when there is a cell c tower nearby it wont.

Is there a way to roam the router on another network even if there is a Cell C tower nearby? Please note that I have looked at the settings (there where you type in the ip address and change settings) and can’t seem to find a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
The portable one is a huawei and the other one unknown. It’s a Cell C plug-in router. The settings on both look the same.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi JohanBotha85

Please PM us the number in question, physical address as well as an alternative contact number.

^NT

I already went through customer service. The feedback was that the tower is overloaded and will be upgraded in June. And to top things off, the tower is on my farm

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi JohanBotha85

Kindly PM us the reference number, we would like to follow up with our Network team.

^NT

DTBA

Expert Member
I already went through customer service. The feedback was that the tower is overloaded and will be upgraded in June. And to top things off, the tower is on my farm
could you please show me how you connect ? screenshot and a model number of the modem I might be able to help

Well I downloaded the Huawei Hilink app for my mobile router and was able to switch the router to roam on vodacom. So that worked great!