Cell phone usage may cause behavioural problems in children

Valis

Expert Member
Good grief, seven year olds with cellphones! Now I've seen everything :p

Venomous

Honorary Master
Valis,

sadly I've seen some really young kids with cell phones.

Went to pick up a friend's 10 year old from his school about 2 weeks ago & i was a bit shocked to see how many pulled phones out their bags as they walked out the school gate :eek:

suPerb0b

They don't say what behavioral problems it is. So this article is quite pointless

nanonyous

Expert Member
They don't say what behavioral problems it is. So this article is quite pointless

We also aren't told what the names of the studies are for looking up ourselves, now whether the kids 'exposed' to cellphones prenatally were directly and frequently exposed to cellphones postnatally nor whether the kids exposed to them postnatally were simply using them on occasion when handed one by their parents or if they had their own cellphones on their person.

All that said though it doesn't take more than 3 months of watching any average kid that owns a cellphone to see that they're addicted to the things, whether for the purpose of communication or the games they can play on the things (keeping in mind that modern cellphones, not those from 1999 to 2006, can download and run all manner of significantly more 'advanced' games). Cellphones are also commonly used for talking about other kids while in class or just in school 'silently' these days via texting, the same way kids would pass paper notes along to eachother in class before the advent of cellphones.