CellC Afrihost Fixed LTE dead

phly

Expert Member
Good day

So it only dawned on me that MTN Cell C flop that i was unaware of until today is the reason I have not been having data since the !st of this month. I also did not realize what a widespread issue this was until I visited this forum.

Are there any alternatives to Cell C/Afrihost fixed LTE that are not contracts?

For those who just realized they have no coverage anymore, what did you settle on in terms of data since Rain fixed LTE got discontinued?

Draconia2

Expert Member
Im doing cellc prepaid until rain arrives.

Fk those 24 month contracts tbh. With my luck, just as I would sign it, another deal comes out that's eons better

Azg

Expert Member
If it's only a stop gap measure you could try Telkom mobile prepaid, and see what you get on their Mo'nice lottery (*123#).

phly

Expert Member
The package is for a senior family member that just needs something that works. Telkom and its lottery USSD is not exactly ideal. Rain mobile seems the best option if I can get coverage. I would even consider rain fixed LTE should someone be willing to let go of their package but that is also subject to network coverage. Cellc & MTN really screwed up here. No heads up or warning to clients. Not ayoba @Cell_C

Draconia2

Expert Member
The package is for a senior family member that just needs something that works. Telkom and its lottery USSD is not exactly ideal. Rain mobile seems the best option if I can get coverage. I would even consider rain fixed LTE should someone be willing to let go of their package but that is also subject to network coverage. Cellc & MTN really screwed up here. No heads up or warning to clients. Not ayoba @Cell_C

Show me one networking wireless company that actually cares about clients and I'll send you a free sticker in the post lol

Ive tried the telkom thing, only roaming for now... Pointless....

Although that R9 for 750mb is nice. I can't use it since it's not allnet.

Rain is the only other reliable option if and when they come setup here. This town needs 4g !!

phly

Expert Member
Show me one networking wireless company that actually cares about clients and I'll send you a free sticker in the post lol

Ive tried the telkom thing, only roaming for now... Pointless....

Although that R9 for 750mb is nice. I can't use it since it's not allnet.

Rain is the only other reliable option if and when they come setup here. This town needs 4g !!
Personally I have Rain - both fixed LTE and mobile LTE and they fixed up all their issues and getting my standard 50Mbps down and 21Mbps down with an average of 19ms ping so I cannot complain. Serves all my needs however an all day uncapped option would be much appreciated should rain mobile ever provide it.

I can only imagine the inconvenience that many out there affected or in similar situation are going through as there is no alternative fixed LTE it seems besides rain fixed which got canned last year november. Telkom is cheap/affordable however I hear horror stories that cancelling any contract with them is hell on earth.

Napalm

Expert Member
Ye.. rolling the dice with Telkom is not so "Nice" anymore. It's too random and you can't plan ahead. What about next month or even next week.. will the offer not change or maybe not be available anymore and they change it to something different.

SA needs "ISP's" to be more consistent, More Honest... less BS, Give us what we pay for.... We don't ask a lot, just give me what I pay for.. and don't try to steal it (this story about data valid for 30days is cr@p. You paid for 3gig or 30gig. it's yours. So if you don't use it.. you lost it.)

If it's only a stop gap measure you could try Telkom mobile prepaid, and see what you get on their Mo'nice lottery (*123#).

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good day

So it only dawned on me that MTN Cell C flop that i was unaware of until today is the reason I have not been having data since the !st of this month. I also did not realize what a widespread issue this was until I visited this forum.

Are there any alternatives to Cell C/Afrihost fixed LTE that are not contracts?

For those who just realized they have no coverage anymore, what did you settle on in terms of data since Rain fixed LTE got discontinued?
Hi phly

Have you raised the matter with Afrihost?

^MP

phly

Expert Member
Hi phly

Have you raised the matter with Afrihost?

^MP
I did, was told the matter is being escalated, called in later and i was told that they are resolving the matter and the resolve they have gone with is to cancel the sim/package since I am not covered anymore. Apparently I will be credited. woke up this morning to find the debits had kicked off and 1k+ has found itself into their bank account - I have several packages with them. Will follow up again today with them.

Do you have an alternative package besides the massive giga packages for about the same price/value as the Fixed LTE package @Cell_C ?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I did, was told the matter is being escalated, called in later and i was told that they are resolving the matter and the resolve they have gone with is to cancel the sim/package since I am not covered anymore. Apparently I will be credited. woke up this morning to find the debits had kicked off and 1k+ has found itself into their bank account - I have several packages with them. Will follow up again today with them.

Do you have an alternative package besides the massive giga packages for about the same price/value as the Fixed LTE package @Cell_C ?
Please follow the below link to see the packages that we have.

^MP

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Please follow the below link to see the data packages that we have.

https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/data-contracts

^MP