Cellc unlimited wifi calling option

cavedog

Honorary Master
I bought the unlimited wifi calling bundle today but I think it's misleading to call it unlimited wifi calling bundle if you have a 500min FUP. That means it's a 500min bundle not unlimited wifi calling bundle.

Anyone use it? I decided it would be the perfect option since the 900min all network voice is billed at per minute rate so if a call goes to voicemail it eats 1min from the bundle. I also have it on my fibre connection so call quality is really good and it's reliable.

What happens after the 500min does it cap it?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I bought the unlimited wifi calling bundle today but I think it's misleading to call it unlimited wifi calling bundle if you have a 500min FUP. That means it's a 500min bundle not unlimited wifi calling bundle.

Anyone use it? I decided it would be the perfect option since the 900min all network voice is billed at per minute rate so if a call goes to voicemail it eats 1min from the bundle. I also have it on my fibre connection so call quality is really good and it's reliable.

What happens after the 500min does it cap it?
Hi cavedog

Yes, it will be capped after 500 minutes. The fair usage limit is mentioned in the terms and conditions.

^SM

Daruk

Honorary Master
Hi cavedog

Yes, it will be capped after 500 minutes. The fair usage limit is mentioned in the terms and conditions.

^SM
So it's not unlimited then. How is this so hard for mobile providers to comprehend? Just call it 500 minutes.

cavedog

Honorary Master
So it's not unlimited then. How is this so hard for mobile providers to comprehend? Just call it 500 minutes.
So many conflicting info regarding the bundle. Is the FUP per day, per week or per month. How is it that they say unlimited calls (500min FUP) how does that make sense. If it's the whole month is the 500min billed in per seconds or per minute. Cellc themselves doesn't even know. I think I need to lodge a complaint ARB for clarity on the matter.

Opera Snapshot_2020-03-29_132217_www.cellc.co.za.png

cavedog

Honorary Master
I have lodge a complaint with the ARB. This advert is clearly misleading. ARB ruled on similar offerings by Telkom and MTN and they were forced to withdraw them. I'm sure it's a just a formality now once the lockdown is over for them to rule in my Favour will see.

tRoN

Executive Member
Crap a advertising.

So you can only make calls whilst connected to WiFi ?

Seems like the FUP is 1500 minutes. 1000+500

I learnt that even FNB with its unlimited contract has a FUP.