Cheapest way to get an iPad

Jeffrsnapln

Hi there,

Two questions:

1. Is there any easier/cheaper way to get an iPad at the moment than the iPad Mini 2 16Gb on Telkom Mobile 500Mb contract for R199 x 24?
  2. Is the iPad mini big enough?

I realise that the second question is very much a matter of opinion and dependant on how you use it.
I would be using it primarily for doing on site quotes and invoicing, making sketches and marking up photos on site, email, and running Wunderlist to keep track of my daily calls and site visits. ie: it will be used very much "on the go", but things like sketches etc need some space. I've found that an iPhone 6 screen is just too small to work properly for that.

Perhaps the best way to answer is like this: How many of you have bought an iPad mini and wished it was bigger?

Last edited:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
As far as the size is concerned: I have an iPad 2 and a 7" Android. The only time the 7" is not big enough is when you are drawing sketches or viewing very high res detailed documents. Other than that the smaller size and less weight is awesome.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Hi there,

Two questions:

1. Is the iPad mini big enough?
I have the iPad Air (I), and i think anything smaller would be difficult to work on such as sketches, but that is my opinion, head over to a iStore and see for yourself.

Jeffrsnapln

1. Yes, win one in a competition
:rolleyes: Like the one where Afrihost pops up a message in your Clientzone, telling you that you can win an iPad Air by answering 10 easy questions, but the link takes you to their home page, from where you by no means can find any reference to any such competition?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
:rolleyes: Like the one where Afrihost pops up a message in your Clientzone, telling you that you can win an iPad Air by answering 10 easy questions, but the link takes you to their home page, from where you by no means can find any reference to any such competition?

Yes

gfmalan

Expert Member
Hi there,

Two questions:

1. Is there any easier/cheaper way to get an iPad at the moment than the iPad Mini 2 16Gb on Telkom Mobile 500Mb contract for R199 x 24?
[/I]
I bought 2x mini 2's, mine is the 32 with 3g and the SO has the 16 no 3g.
The only diffrence between the Air and mini 2 is the inches of the display.
Mini is 7.9" and air 9.7". The resolution, cpu etc. identical.

For me it is smaller (not alot) easy to handle, fits in my cars cubby, you can use it one handed. My friend has the air, he is happy aswell.

I would worry a bit about the 16 gig part. SO is using the device for mags, social media stuff and internet, she belive music go on ipod. She has mostly programs and couple of photos on, and there is 2 gig left.

I see my device as a media tablet, so the 32 is too small for me, i would like a 128.

The acctual size, well I fall in love with mine ( use to be Apple hater), and SO wanted the 10", I just one day bought her the Mini2' and she love the size, actually commented a couple of the times this is the better size to have!

FiestaST

Honorary Master
1) That iPad Mini 2 16gb + Data TM deal is excellent; no two ways about that.

The latest iPad mini 3 has the exact same specs as the iPad Mini 2 bar Touch ID.

I was so close to taking out that TM deal but the deal breaker for me was the limited 16gb as I have lots of movies & series on my iPads at any given time.

For the avg bloke needs the TM deal at R199pm is win win.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Hi there,

Two questions:

I realise that the second question is very much a matter of opinion and dependant on how you use it.
I would be using it primarily for doing on site quotes and invoicing, making sketches and marking up photos on site, email, and running Wunderlist to keep track of my daily calls and site visits. ie: it will be used very much "on the go", but things like sketches etc need some space. I've found that an iPhone 6 screen is just too small to work properly for that.

Perhaps the best way to answer is like this: How many of you have bought an iPad mini and wished it was bigger?
I purchased both my iPads second hand for half of what a brand new one was.
Maybe scrounge around gumtree/olx

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Follow a truck and hope something falls out :p

The one Telkom has for R199 is the mini 2.
Everyone else now has the mini 3 on contract so their prices will be much higher.