CHecking data usage

travcaine

Hi there,

I am currently using a Tenda wireless router and would like to find out if there is a way to see how much data the connected devices are using?

ODTech

Hi there,

I am currently using a Tenda wireless router and would like to find out if there is a way to see how much data the connected devices are using?
Most desktop routers don't have this function although there are some custom firmware that can monitor data usage. I've seen tomato being recommended before. Check on their site if your router is supported.

The other alternative is to buy a router that can monitor traffic, likely a mikrotik one.

travcaine

Most desktop routers don't have this function although there are some custom firmware that can monitor data usage. I've seen tomato being recommended before. Check on their site if your router is supported.

The other alternative is to buy a router that can monitor traffic, likely a mikrotik one.
Thank you, I checked and unfortunately my router isn't supported.

Any update on cool Bandwidth Monitoring tools for 2018 ?
Nope.

You need a compatible router. Without that, you don't have the tools you need for fancy tools.
closest you can come is Glasswire or Networx, but that only tracks the Windows device its installed to.

necroing a 2 year old thread, wow.

Stillie

Expert Member
My suggestion, which is a bit overkill for just monitoring networks, is Untangle (https://www.untangle.com/) great for home usage. It comes standard with a ton of extra features especially if you have kids, its great for protecting the little ones. Its simple to setup. The best way to set this up is to add a device between the router and the network that way it will be 100% accurate but i also believe you can install an app on one of the pcs and it intercepts the traffic from all the devices on the network and all the devices and reacts accordingly