Chrome to start blocking insecure downloads

garp

Executive Member
If all it does is flash a warning then I don’t see any issue? If they make it impossible to download files they don’t like, different story.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
So basically it looks like eventually you won't be allowed to download anything. I mean, once you've blocked archive files, executables, images, music, videos, etc what else is there left to download?

fragtion

Expert Member
I remember when Internet Explorer started throwing yellow warning bars and security alerts. On Server systems it was basically useless for any browsing until security settings were adjusted. We all know what happened to Internet Explorer after that ...

Swa

Honorary Master
Yeah will stick with Vivaldi. Don't need censorship content control.

Leno

Expert Member
“Insecurely-downloaded files are a risk to users’ security and privacy. For instance, insecurely-downloaded programs can be swapped out for malware by attackers, and eavesdroppers can read users’ insecurely-downloaded bank statements,” Google explained.

This sounds like they are talking about non https / TLS downloads

Leno

Expert Member
Further explenation on the link in the article

Today we’re announcing that Chrome will gradually ensure that secure (HTTPS) pages only download secure files. In a series of steps outlined below, we’ll start blocking "mixed content downloads" (non-HTTPS downloads started on secure pages).

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
What is an insecure download? Does the download have confidence issues?

Anything coming from pr via FB, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, ...........

Why does chrome act more and more like malware?

Because it is related to and part of the larger Google cabal ........
And now MSs Edge is going to part of that cabal as well ........

Wasabee!

Executive Member
So basically it looks like eventually you won't be allowed to download anything. I mean, once you've blocked archive files, executables, images, music, videos, etc what else is there left to download?
. torrent for Linux ISOs