ClubVPS is a scam

Defirence680

Hi,

Recently I was busy looking at VPS providers just to toy around with and came across this "ClubVPS hosting", they're apparently a child company of "OMC Group". They charged me $1.72 to "verify" my card. I think this is their way of trapping your card details in their system, the VPS'es worked fine, although they were VERY slow to answer my tickets but extremely quick to send me an email saying my account has been suspended due to my card being declined, and rightly so, I was never refunded the verification charge and it's still "pending" with my bank (Capitec). I logged in and saw that I did indeed exceed the free usage tier, and checked how much I owe. 2.PNG

As you can see there it's not much, and the reason they phoned me was to let me know about this, I was called from an Israeli number, these peoples names are ALL Israeli in origin, they are supposed to be "USA" based, and when I inquired about this they said they "do have offices elsewhere too" in a very nervous and unsure tone. When I saw this: 1.PNG

I was immediately highly pissed off and went straight to the bank to cancel my card, subsequently, I had to pay another R50 for a fresh card to be made, when I initially logged in it was $28, I refreshed the page and it went up to $29, I'm not even being told what those costs are for, since all the servers I was using were deleted/deprovisioned, I logged in our of curiosity today and saw this -> 3.PNG and as still I haven't been told why this cost is going up, apparently they were doing "upgrades" on their seemingly faulty Scammer 2.0 Billing system and screwed something up, that's why they phoned me to "recapture my credit card details" Lesson learnt, stay away from something if it looks too good to be true, rather go with local hosting or Vultr/Google Cloud. These people don't communicate, want to just take money and don't see to any technical issues when you submit a ticket. Just stay away if you do come across them. They're not lekker, I didn't trust leaving my card details on that site, with my salary being paid in soon and such. Stay away from anything ClubVPS.

Murmaider

Do they not have you on $0.238 hourly billing instead of fixed monthly billing?

Defirence680

Do they not have you on $0.238 hourly billing instead of fixed monthly billing?
That's the total for what I used, that $0.238, they can't seem to explain what that $48 charge is and I refuse to pay it without an explanation on what exactly it's for. If there are still VM's active somehow, I can't cancel them because my "account is suspended". They have some sort of faulty system, never going back to them again.

Murmaider

That's the total for what I used, that $0.238, they can't seem to explain what that $48 charge is and I refuse to pay it without an explanation on what exactly it's for. If there are still VM's active somehow, I can't cancel them because my "account is suspended". They have some sort of faulty system, never going back to them again.
In that case yeah, it's best to just avoid them. Your vm is probably racking up cpu time in the background or they have an issue in their system which is recording cpu time for a vm that isnt active.

Bmw.wp

i'm glad i use the VCPAY virtual credit card for this type of stuff. Lol.

_neo

i'm glad i use the VCPAY virtual credit card for this type of stuff. Lol.
I was using them too, until I found out CPS is affiliated through their parent company, Net1 UEPS.