Command+Ctrl+D = NOTHING. Please help.

macboer

Why does Command+Ctrl+D not do anything in Chrome or Preview.

It works in Apps like Mail and Safari.

Thanks.

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
Command is a modifier key for macs. It's next to the spacebar, where alt is on PC's, and has the following symbol: ⌘

@Macboer, it does nothing for me in Mail or Safari. What's it supposed to do?

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
Oh right - you have to hover over the text - gives an instant definition. I know this shortcut but I always still right-click on the word! Will try remember it.

Well then it's easy to answer - Chrome is not a good Mac citizen. It also doesn't support Applescript.

macboer

yes it's the hover dictionary tool thingy. i regularly use it as i am obviously afrikaans.

I forgot to mention that i'm on 10.5.8, don't know if this is a problem in leopard only...

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
Hey macboer I like your sig. Please change i to I though.

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
yes it's the hover dictionary tool thingy. i regularly use it as i am obviously afrikaans.

I forgot to mention that i'm on 10.5.8, don't know if this is a problem in leopard only...
No it's Chrome's fault. Any non-cocoa app will do this eg. Firefox. BTW you should upgrade to Snow Leopard man.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Oh right - you have to hover over the text - gives an instant definition. I know this shortcut but I always still right-click on the word! Will try remember it.
Same here - I forgot the keystroke even existed. :eek: :D

macboer

No it's Chrome's fault. Any non-cocoa app will do this eg. Firefox. BTW you should upgrade to Snow Leopard man.
i know. i know... Ive been looking everywhere for a copy of SL but couldn't find one so ordered one. Should have it in a week's time. :pP

PS. @Pooky, i don't think too much of myself so i say "i"... ;)